Unpublished products losing their SEO

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi.

I work as a store owner at my company and I don't have much expertise about technical issues. I don't know if this is treated in some sort of documentation, but here it goes anyway:

In my website, everytime I make a product non public, its SEO disappears, and then when it goes public again it takes the default SEO as per its name. Isn't it supposed to keep its URL name and if not public automatically redirect to the home page by default? That's what I would want. In case it's not the default behavior, is it possible to make it behave as such? I'd say it's important to acknowledge that the server configuration uses a load balancer, I don't know if that's important for you to consider your answers.

Thanks for the comprehension and I'd appreciate any non so technical help.
4 years ago
RE:  "make a product non public"
I assume you mean you unselect  "Published".

RE:  ", its SEO disappears,"
I just went to the online demo store, Edited a product, and checked that the "Search engine friendly page name" field has a value.  Then I unselect  "Published", save changes, and the SEO name is still there in the field.

(What version of nopCommerce are you using?)
4 years ago
We're on 3.90.

The thing is this was developed just for the product page not be accessible to the end user. I thought if I unpublish the product, then it will keep its SEO value and when trying to access the product page, the user would be redirected to the home page. Shouldn't it be?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.