Assembly version conflict with 3rd party library inside default plugins

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
I recently ran into a problem with assembly version conflict with the RestSharp library that is currently bundle with some of the default payment plugins.

My plugin is using a custom in-house library that utilizes RestSharp. However, the problem is that my RestSharp version is actually higher than the bundle one and it is coming directly from Nuget feed. When loading the app, during .net core service registration, somehow the older version is getting load and because the custom library that I developed is using new features from the latest RestSharp, the app throws exception related to those.

So my question is that is there any reason why NopCommerce team not using the latest RestSharp (either new DLL version or from Nuget directly)? Also, besides upgrading the bundle lib to the new version, has anyone know a way to do assembly binding redirection like older .Net Framework application? I did some researches and seems like .Net Core does not like that concept anymore.
4 years ago
Unfortunately, at the moment there is only one solution to this problem, all the libraries used in the plugins must be the same versions as in the nopCommerce kernel. This is due to the fact that plugins with dependencies are loaded into the general context and there are no alternatives to this yet.

We try to use the latest stable versions of third-party libraries available at the time of pre-release testing.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.