Sell products by weight (handle stock by grams(kgs))

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hello.

I have a store owner who wants to sell a product based on weight.

He needs to be able to set a product to have, lets say 13kgs available, and the buying customer should be able to buy, lets say 300grs of the product.

My store owner needs to be able to set a price per gram.

It also needs to support stock.

Is this supported out of the box in nopcommerce?
4 years ago
NopCommerce manage inventory by quantity, not by any unit like kg. or grams.

Here you can assume 1 gm = 1 qty. If you want to prevent users to purchase small amount like this, then set Allowed quantities of the product.
4 years ago
mhsjaber wrote:
NopCommerce manage inventory by quantity, not by any unit like kg. or grams.

Here you can assume 1 gm = 1 qty. If you want to prevent users to purchase small amount like this, then set Allowed quantities of the product.

This works fine, but i will probably have to create a plugin in order the make the price change after the customer change quantity. I think i will use the checkbox for "price is ml\gr" on product, and based on that i can do some changes to frontend.

For instance - the text under the button would update dynamically with the plugin ill make. And the (g) on the input is a hardcoded text.
4 years ago
hkreklame wrote:
Hello.
He needs to be able to set a product to have, lets say 13kgs available, and the buying customer should be able to buy, lets say 300grs of the product.
My store owner needs to be able to set a price per gram.

I think you need to try PAngv (base price) functionality .
You can set this price from the product edit page.

PAngV (base price) enabled - if the product has a base price. This is required according to the German law (PAngV). For example, if you sell 500ml of beer for 1,50 euro, you have to show the base price: 3.00 euro per 1L. When selected, the following fields are displayed:
Amount in product - amount of the product that is being sold.
Unit of product - measure of a previously entered value.
Reference amount - the base amount.
Reference unit - measure of a previously entered value.

I hope this will be helpful to you.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.