Migrating to new domain on nopCommerce 4.20

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hello,

I have been developing a Web application on a dev.mydomain.com.  I completed the site and would like to migrate it to www.mydomain.com and keep the settings and configurations from dev.mydomain that I was using.  When I added the www host and url as a new store, and pointed my dns settings to the folder that contains the dev site, I lost the functionality from three primary plugins: UPS, SQUARE and Shipping.Director.  For some unknown reason, when I login on www and go to the Admin area, I am not able to install Shipping Director and SQUARE is not even visible on the local plugin list. The UPS plugin's settings got erased and needs to be reconfigured.

What is the best protocol to migrate to a new URL/HOST and keep the settings that I created or used from another development Host?
4 years ago
Is www.mydomain.com hosted on a different server? Or you just want to change the DNS mapping and use the same directory used by dev.mydomain.com?
If you are migrating the web application to a different server then
1) Migrate(Copy) all the files and folder (make sure the dataSettings.json and plugins.json are migrated properly along with all the dlls and files )
2) Migrate the database and restore it on the server
3) Change the connection string on dataSettings.json accordingly.
4) Update the store table with the correct store URL and SSL setting.
5) Provide appropriate rights to the SQL server and iis.

Since, nopcommerce stores most of the configuration stores in the database, migration of the database is important. so, verify it is migrated properly. Also, the plugins.json file consists of information regarding the plugins which are installed in the system so make sure the file is migrated properly.

If you are just changing the DNS only and using the same web application just configure the IIS accordingly and change the store settings and provide appropriate rights to the SQL server and iis.
4 years ago
Tks for your reply.  
I am keeping the same Server, database, and Folder.  I added the www as a new store and pointed my DNS to the folder where dev existed.
4 years ago
If I am right in assuming you defined the settings for the store for dev.mydomain.com
Then you need to define the same setting values for the default store being All Stores
4 years ago
Thanks Everyone for your guidance and assistance.  Figured it out!  :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.