Nopcommerce 4.20 working in VS17 but doesn't when published to IIS 8 on a Win Server 2012

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Here is the error report which i get from logs folder

Error:
  An assembly specified in the application dependencies manifest (Nop.Web.deps.json) was not found:
    package: 'Microsoft.Win32.SystemEvents', version: '4.5.0'
    path: 'runtimes/win/lib/netcoreapp2.0/Microsoft.Win32.SystemEvents.dll'

* I have installed dotnet core windows server hosting 2.2.0 and SDK
* Changed the app pool to no managed code
* Provided full permission for IISUSR to the root folder
Please help to sort it out from this.
4 years ago
Please go to https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-core/2.2 and scroll down to the stable .netcore 2.2.0(4th one from the bottom).  Then download the hosting bundle and other related packages. I have attached an image.

I have to deploy nopCommerce4.2 to windows server and without these packages, the application will not run.

Also can you please share the iis details. I mean what options you enabled at add features time?
I assume at iis feature enable time you might not be select .net framwork 4.x
4 years ago
@sina.islam
Still no hope.. I installed all the features you have specified and also have added the role ASP.NET 4.5 in the server during IIS configuration.
The error is still the same on logs folder as i mentioned in last post
Also i attach the error report generated by event viewer below

"Application 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/COMMERCENOP' with physical root 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Nopcommerce\' failed to start process with commandline 'dotnet .\bin\Debug\netcoreapp2.2\Nop.Web.dll', ErrorCode = '0x80004005' : 8000808c."
Please let me know where im doing wrong
4 years ago
ahh. The process can not be started. Can you please replace the web.config file like below.
<aspNetCore processPath="C:\Program Files\dotnet\dotnet.exe" arguments=".\your-project.dll" stdoutLogEnabled="false" stdoutLogFile=".\logs\stdout"/>

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41590493/iis-fails-to-run-asp-net-core-site-http-error-502-5/50562450

The second one. Just give a try then do another fixing. Need to go step by step.
Also is it possible to upload the published without zip. I mean do you have if you have the Remote Desktop Access. Otherwise, before unzip the folder unlock it and deploy it.
4 years ago
nocaabasoft wrote:
@sina.islam
Still no hope.. I installed all the features you have specified and also have added the role ASP.NET 4.5 in the server during IIS configuration.
The error is still the same on logs folder as i mentioned in last post
Also i attach the error report generated by event viewer below

"Application 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/COMMERCENOP' with physical root 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Nopcommerce\' failed to start process with commandline 'dotnet .\bin\Debug\netcoreapp2.2\Nop.Web.dll', ErrorCode = '0x80004005' : 8000808c."
Please let me know where im doing wrong

I assume it will be good to share the issue. So that others can get help. The server configuration was perfect. The IIS configuration, .net core 2.2.0 related files and packages, permission and other related stuff was also perfect. But unfortunately, the hosted files(nopCommerce4.2) were with source code. So the application is running with vs2017 but not at the server which is true. If it was published file or nopCommerce4.2 without source it will show the install page.

Below are the steps should follow to host nopCommerce at windows server.
1. Only published file or nopCommerce without source.
2. Configure IIS properly.
3. Install the .net core hosting packages like the above picture.
4. Restart the server.
5. Add a new website and at Application Pools select No Manage Code.
6. You can keep shadow copy off from the appsetting of the hosted file.
7. Restart the application pool and website again. It should show the install page.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.