4.30 restart application feature not working on development environment

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Upcoming nopCommerce version 4.30 is really awesome. But I'm experiencing an unwanted issue on my local machine. Whenever I'm trying to restart the application from admin, it's throwing 503 exception. I found IIS Express has been stopped after clicking Restart application. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Or it's the behavior of core 3.1?

Visual Studio Enterprise 2019 (16.5.1)
Database - MySQL

4 years ago
Hi Jaber,

mhsjaber wrote:
Or it's the behavior of core 3.1?

Looks so. But please note that it works fine in the production on live websites
4 years ago
Hi,

I've faced with the same issue. Basically changing IIS to Nob.Web profile in debug section solved the problem.
4 years ago
I am new to asp.net, can anyone tell me how to change it?
4 years ago
maplewang wrote:
Hi,
I am new to asp.net, can you tell me how to change it?

Don't know it is default behavior of dotnet core 3.1 or not. But if it is then forget to resolve this.

But you can avoid this situation. Whenever system requires restart, you manually restart it from Visual Studio.
4 years ago
It says
Exception thrown: 'System.Exception' in Nop.Web.Framework.dll

so something is wrong during installation, but upon checking log and vs out put, do not know where to set breakpoint.
4 years ago
maplewang wrote:

Please refer below post.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/topic/80144/find-bugs-in-nopcommerce-430-beta-and-earn-10/page/5
3 years ago
mhsjaber wrote:
Upcoming nopCommerce version 4.30 is really awesome. But I'm experiencing an unwanted issue on my local machine. Whenever I'm trying to restart the application from admin, it's throwing 503 exception. I found IIS Express has been stopped after clicking Restart application. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Or it's the behavior of core 3.1?

Visual Studio Enterprise 2019 (16.5.1)
Database - MySQL

As nopCommerce 4.30 used In-process hosting model. Now, IIS HTTP Server (IISHttpServer) is used instead of Kestrel server. This leads to not recycle the worker process but instead triggers a graceful shutdown of the current IIS Express process. The next request to the app spawns a new IIS Express process.
<AspNetCoreHostingModel>InProcess</AspNetCoreHostingModel>
3 years ago
maplewang wrote:

While developing you can change <AspNetCoreHostingModel>InProcess</AspNetCoreHostingModel> to <AspNetCoreHostingModel>OutOfProcess</AspNetCoreHostingModel> in Nop.Web.csproj
3 years ago
As all options have been described. I want to add one more option at the development time select nopWeb rather IISExpress.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.