USPS Problem

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
This is what I used for testing USPS module.

ShippingRateComputationMethod.USPS.DefaultShippedFromZipPostalCode :20022

ShippingRateComputationMethod.USPS.Password: mypassword

ShippingRateComputationMethod.USPS.URL : http://testing.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPITest.dll

ShippingRateComputationMethod.USPS.Username: myusername

in the product variants if the product where the Weight [lb(s)]: I set the Weight [lb(s)]:2

I created a test account with zipcode 20008
I use the test account to check out the product that i set the Weight [lb(s)]: 2

But I gor an error:
USPS Error returned: Error Desc: Please enter a valid weight in pounds. USPS Help Context: 1000440.

Please help
14 years ago
The values that are currently valid for testing the USPS shipping rate computation method are as follows:
Zip to = "20008"; Zip from ="10022"; weight = 10.3125(10lbs 5oz); size = "Large" (); machinable = "TRUE";

size = height + height + width + width + length
Large would be between the values of 84 and 109

Unfortunately, testing via the checkout process in your nopCommerce site will not work due to "machinable" being hard coded with a value of "FALSE" in USPSComputationMethod.cs (unless of course you rebuild the dll).

You can test by sending the querystring manually as follows:

http://testing.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPITest.dll?API=RateV2&XML=<RateV2Request USERID="[Your username]">
<Package ID="0">
          <Service>All</Service>
          <ZipOrigination>10022</ZipOrigination>
          <ZipDestination>20008</ZipDestination>
          <Pounds>10</Pounds>
          <Ounces>5</Ounces>
          <Size>LARGE</Size>
          <Machinable>TRUE</Machinable>
     </Package>
</RateV2Request>
14 years ago
Does this matter now that USPS uses Version 3 of their Domestic Rate calculator?  The V2 option doesn't seem to work anymore.  The v1.20 version of Shipping for USPS keeps giving me the error that the Shipping From Zip Code isn't configured.  It's configured in the two Shipping areas that I can find.  Any chance there's another area in the Administration area that needs to be configured with a Zip code?  I just assumed that the Shipping area was the appropriate place to set this.
14 years ago
USPS Error returned: Error Desc: Please enter a valid ZIP Code for the sender. USPS Help Context: 1000440.

Still getting this error and I am using ver 1.20, am live with USPS, (not test mode).

The zip code has been entered as required but nothing I do seems to get the zip code sent to USPS...
Is this a bug? Should I update to 1.30? Where is the fix?
14 years ago
I setup a test user, (other than  the admin) and it worked...
Don't ask me why???
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.