admin page disappears

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi

have just installed nopCommerce. When i go to the administration page I can see the contents of the page but on the left, what looks like floating menus are all expanded.

When I move the mouse cursor from the browser address bar to the client part of the browser window (below the NopCommerce header / banner), the page goes completely blank except for the header.

Refreshing the page makes the page contents re-appear but as soon as I move the mouse over it, it goes blank again.

I have a feeling that the fact that the floating menus on the left are expanded when the page is first displayed has something to do with it (or is another symptom of the problem)

Thanks - Toby
14 years ago
Hi

I have also just completed the install and have the same problem in the admin pages. I am also getting an error on the page load for AJAX client side framework failed to load. I suspect that the two are related as the menu panels are probably ajax enabled controls .

I have another website also hosted on the same server which runs the Ajax framework with no problems. Comparing the web configs for both and everything seems to be correct interms of handlers etc..

Thanks
Sker
14 years ago
Please confirm a) the browser you are using

b) that you have cleared your browser cache.

c) the version of nopCommerce you are using.

Thanks,

Ben
14 years ago
a) the browser you are using
I have tried firefox, and IE 6 and7 on differnt PC's .
b) that you have cleared your browser cache.
Trie clearing cache and all temp files still the same

c) the version of nopCommerce you are using.

downloaded nopCommerce 1.20 (no source) and ran the install with no problems. The server is a Win2003 running .net framework ver 3.5sp1 .

Thanks Sker
14 years ago
Can you get into the system log (System > Log)?

Is the site publicly accessible for me to view?

Thanks,
Ben
14 years ago
Below is an extract from the log file. How do I PM you the link to the site ?

Thanks
Sker

Unknown  
Severity:  11  
Message:  Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=3.0.20229.38756, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)  
Exception:  System.Web.HttpParseException: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=3.0.20229.38756, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=3.0.20229.38756, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) File name: 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=3.0.20229.38756, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' at System.Signature._GetSignature(SignatureStruct& signature, Void* pCorSig, Int32 cCorSig, IntPtr fieldHandle, IntPtr methodHandle, IntPtr declaringTypeHandle) at System.Signature.GetSignature(SignatureStruct& signature, Void* pCorSig, Int32 cCorSig, RuntimeFieldHandle fieldHandle, RuntimeMethodHandle methodHandle, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringTypeHandle) at System.Signature..ctor(RuntimeFieldHandle fieldHandle, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringTypeHandle) at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.get_FieldType() at System.Web.UI.Util.GetNonPrivateFieldType(Type classType, String fieldName) at System.Web.Compilation.BaseTemplateCodeDomTreeGenerator.BuildFieldDeclaration(ControlBuilder builder) at System.Web.Compilation.BaseTemplateCodeDomTreeGenerator.BuildSourceDataTreeFromBuilder(ControlBuilder builder, Boolean fInTemplate, Boolean topLevelControlInTemplate, PropertyEntry pse) at System.Web.Compilation.BaseTemplateCodeDomTreeGenerator.BuildSourceDataTreeFromBuilder(ControlBuilder builder, Boolean fInTemplate, Boolean topLevelControlInTemplate, PropertyEntry pse) at System.Web.Compilation.BaseTemplateCodeDomTreeGenerator.BuildSourceDataTreeFromBuilder(ControlBuilder builder, Boolean fInTemplate, Boolean topLevelControlInTemplate, PropertyEntry pse) at System.Web.Compilation.TemplateControlCodeDomTreeGenerator.BuildMiscClassMembers() at System.Web.Compilation.MasterPageCodeDomTreeGenerator.BuildMiscClassMembers() at System.Web.Compilation.BaseCodeDomTreeGenerator.BuildSourceDataTree() at System.Web.Compilation.BaseCodeDomTreeGenerator.GetCodeDomTree(CodeDomProvider codeDomProvider, StringResourceBuilder stringResourceBuilder, VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BaseTemplateBuildProvider.GenerateCode(AssemblyBuilder assemblyBuilder) at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.AddBuildProvider(BuildProvider buildProvider) WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog]. --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessException(Exception ex) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseReader(StreamReader reader, VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseFile(String physicalPath, VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseInternal() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse(ICollection referencedAssemblies, VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BaseTemplateBuildProvider.get_CodeCompilerType() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.GetCompilerTypeFromBuildProvider(BuildProvider buildProvider) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.ProcessBuildProviders() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompi
14 years ago
Hi

a) the browser you are using: Internet Explorer 7

b) that you have cleared your browser cache: not sure how to do that. Have deleted all temporary files using Tools > Internet Options and clicking Delete button in Browsing History section. Clicking the "Clear Cache" link on the right of the NopCommerce header / banner causes the admin page to be displayed but it disappears when I move the mouse over it

c) the version of nopCommerce you are using: 1.20 with source

I am running iis 5.1
14 years ago
I have resolved my issue with the admin pages and ajax loading. I tried to re-install from scratch but that didn't work . Eventually what I did was to open the no source version locally in Visual web developer express and run the install on my local PC through the debug option in VWD. That completed no problem and  the storefront ran fine locally .I then FTP'd the web files files assocatated with the local install version to the web server (not the compiled files in the framework folder) and modified the connections config file to point to the servers DB.

Once I'd done that and set the approriate permisions it worked no problem.

Thanks
Sker
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.