Hosting options

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

This is my first nopCommerce, hosted .NET project. I spoke with my web host about hosting a Windows Server with my nopCommerce program on it. He asked me if I wanted to go for colo or vps, each with its own upsides and downsides. Also, for a quote on vps, he asked how much memory would I need.

So my questions are these:
1. VPS or COLO?
2. How much memory will I need to host Windows Server 2008 Enterprise and MSSQL 2008 (Express?)
3. Is there a hosting option that you use that you recommend? How much does that run you, if I may ask?
13 years ago
devora wrote:
Hi,
3. Is there a hosting option that you use that you recommend? How much does that run you, if I may ask?

In this forum I have red very good comments of Arvixe. Check: https://www.nopcommerce.com/recommendedhosting.aspx
13 years ago
I recommend Arivxe shared (not vps). It's enough for starting. I am very pleased with what they give.
13 years ago
For bullet #2 I would recommend 1.5 Gb as a absolute minimum if you have SQL server on the same machine, we started with 1Gb but I think between 650-800 Mb was used before we even let customers in to the shop.

This is on a VPS.
13 years ago
awesome! thank you for your responses! :D
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.