My Account - unhandled exception

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi All,

I have just installed default nopCommerce installations (1.20). I have not installed the sample product data (which I did for my original localhost install). When attempting to access the My Account menu item, i get the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A generic error occurred in GDI+.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A generic error occurred in GDI+.

Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:
[ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.]
   System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) +397778
   System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageFormat format) +69
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.Media.PictureManager.GetDefaultPictureUrl(PictureTypeEnum DefaultPictureType, Int32 TargetSize) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\Solution\Libraries\Nop.Common\Media\PictureManager.cs:194
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.CustomerAvatarControl.BindData() in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\Solution\NopCommerceStore\Modules\CustomerAvatar.ascx.cs:73
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.CustomerAvatarControl.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\Solution\NopCommerceStore\Modules\CustomerAvatar.ascx.cs:54
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +33
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +131
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1436

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

I have tried setting write permissions to the images/thumbs folder using my FTP client. However, the changes will not persist (as they are Windows folders?).

Regards,
Andrew
14 years ago
Hi All,

I sorted out the permissions via the hosting provider and all resolved.

Regards,
Andrew
14 years ago
Hi

I am facing this issue.

How do you resolve this issue?
14 years ago
Hi,

You need to set the permissions on the image folder(s) to write. This is done different to CHMOD on UNIX, it has to be done via Windows (or your hosting control panel). Most Windows hosting providers will provide a mechanism to do this.

Regards,
Andrew
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.