We are extremely happy to announce the availability of nopCommerce v2.00 BETA for download. If you would like to participate in the testing portion of our development cycle and report bugs you find, this beta release might be for you. This release is unstable and should not be used anyplace where your data is important.
The final version release is now scheduled for the end of July. If you need any help with beta version or want to report a bug, please use our forums. If you want to fix a found bug, you're also welcome to create a new fork on our CodePlex repository (found more info about it here)
nopCommerce 2.00 BETA was rewritten from scratch. Our development efforts were focused on moving nopCommerce to ASP.NET MVC 3.0, architecture improvements, further enhancements and fixing bugs.
Highlight features & improvements:
- Moved to ASP.NET MVC 3.0 (Razor syntax)
- Really pluggable architecture (just drop a plugin to the /plugins folder in your nopCommerce directory)
- SQL Server Compact support
- Code-First Development with Entity Framework 4 (data access)
- Other architecture improvements
- More user-friendly admin area
- Added unit tests
- A lot of refactoring
Some features are not implemented yet. But they should be finished with the final 2.00 version. Here are some of them:
- One-page checkout
- It doesn't work in medium trust (Automapper issue)
The upgrade utility will be provided a bit later
Visit this page to download the latest version and get involved in the nopCommerce Community.