No background/CSS in local development

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 năm cách đây
local Web server is working fine, connectionstring pointing to DB on remote site (Arvixe).

When I fire up the local site in a browser, I get a white background with all links on the left side.  Nothing else.  I'm assuming this means a lack of any CSS.

Any ideas?
12 năm cách đây
Tangopdx wrote:
local Web server is working fine, connectionstring pointing to DB on remote site (Arvixe).

When I fire up the local site in a browser, I get a white background with all links on the left side.  Nothing else.  I'm assuming this means a lack of any CSS.

Any ideas?

You need to give read/write permissions to your /App_Themes/ folder.
12 năm cách đây
wxDevelopment wrote:

Any ideas?

You need to give read/write permissions to your /App_Themes/ folder.

Thanks for the post WX, but the network, system, my personal account all have full permission, and the IIS_USERS has read, write, list, and execute.
12 năm cách đây
Solved:

Interesting.  My own account with admin privileges  on the nocommercestore directory and under was not able to browse the web site, but adding domain>users with read and write works.

Another learning experience ;-)

Thanks WX for pointing the direction to look.
12 năm cách đây
When design is missing and you don't get any errors it means you don't have appropriate permissions or your css is missing.
12 năm cách đây
wxDevelopment wrote:
When design is missing and you don't get any errors it means you don't have appropriate permissions or your css is missing.

I'll agree with the idea, but still find it curious that "Admin" privileges were less able to access content then the same domain "users" with of course less privileges on the account.

The only thing I can put my finger on would be that a local display of a web site would need more of a "global" account.
12 năm cách đây
if you are using IIS then give full permission to network service account, if the local site run by VWD then give full permission to ASP.NET
12 năm cách đây
eddymurphy wrote:
if you are using IIS then give full permission to network service account, if the local site run by VWD then give full permission to ASP.NET

The network, and service accounts have full access.  That was not enough.

We have a domain server running IIS and SQL server 2005 that we develop on.  The nopcommerce code was also on that server and the security rights indicated above were in effect.  It worked after I gave domain users read and write also.

What I think may be the case is something at play having to do with the difference of being an intranet instead of aomeone coming in from the internet.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.