Best Practice for Product Selection?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 năm cách đây
We're working on a way to create and associate product attributes and specifications in NopAdmin and wanted to get some input on the 'typical' way referred to and selected by the community.   From your experience as nopC solution providers and/or storefront owners, how do folks most often refer to their products - by product name or by SKU?

We're not sure what to show first as the key (product name or sku) in product dropdown lists for the attribute to product association screens.  Right now we're displaying it as Product Name (sku)....i.e. Nike Tennis Shoes (Nike1001).

Your input is appreciated.

Thanks
Shawn
NopAdmin.com
12 năm cách đây
In our case it always has been done by sku or product code when available. Names are very unstable and should not be used for thse purposes unless no other alternatives are available.
12 năm cách đây
HI Eduardo -

Good to hear from you!  Thanks so much for your input.  I have seem some scenarios, although rare, where folks will have several instances of the same product name and no sku - they make the differentiation by the product variant name.  However, as you pointed out this method is unreliable - I have a feeling the folks who choose this method may not understand the product -->variant  relationships and their intent.

Take care Eduardo -
Shawn
NopAdmin.com
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.