Address on Digital Products

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 năm cách đây
Hello Friends

Is this a bug or normal behaviour ? I am checking out on a Digital Product and the Address step shows, asking for an address !

Over the years I have purchased countless Digital Products (as downloads) and none took my address ! I wonder why the address is being asked for on nopCommerce.

Is there a way I can stop it asking for Address on Digital Products ?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank You.
12 năm cách đây
anyone ?
12 năm cách đây
Sorry I should have mentioned this. But the Address (Billing) comes up. I have already disabled Enable Shipping on that product.

So guess what I am after is disabling the Billing Address, because the Bill will be the Email the customer receives.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
12 năm cách đây
It's not possible without customization. Order billing address is required in a lot of places.
12 năm cách đây
Hi Andrei

Thanks for the reply. Could you please point me in the direction of the file where the logic is held.

I'll try and deduce the logic used, then maybe I can disable the Billing. Thanks
12 năm cách đây
As I've written above order billing address is required in a lot of places. It's hard to remember all of them. Just remove billing address from checkout process and try placing new orders. See what will be wrong and fix it.
12 năm cách đây
Hi Andrei

When a user clicks on the checkout button, he is taken to the shipping/billing address page. What I want to find out is the location for the code logic that handles the { checkout } button click.

If I find that, I can then say something like:

if(checkout button clicked)
{
    if(product is digital)
    {
        //redirect to payment
    } else { continue as before }
}

I looked in OrderSummary.cshtml and could not find the code logic for the checkout button.

By the way, what did you mean by remove the billing from the checkout process ? you mean remove all the billing methods in the checkout controller ? or remove the billing address views ?
12 năm cách đây
Ciwan wrote:
By the way, what did you mean by remove the billing from the checkout process ? you mean remove all the billing methods in the checkout controller ? or remove the billing address views ?

the billing address views
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.