Documentation Needed

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 năm cách đây
I really like the nopCommerce system and have been using it for quite sometime, however the documentation is REALLY LACKING.  I have paid the $20 for the "user manual" and it is an excellent resource for "users" ... however as a developer I find it very difficult to find documentation on how to customize the look and feel of out sites.

Obviously (based on the showcase sites) it is possible to create some VERY NICE looking website with nopCommerce.
However, I would recommend the following manuals be made available:

1. Custom themes - how to create them; what files/settings do what
2. Plugin Development - documentation on whatever method and requirements are needed to create custom plugins
3. General "developer" API with some docuemntation / description as to how the system works

I am familiar with the general MVC concepts and realize that its not necessary to re-document that info, however understanding the complexity of the nop framework is a real challenge at times.

Thanks,
Scott
12 năm cách đây
ScottMc101 wrote:
I really like the nopCommerce system and have been using it for quite sometime, however the documentation is REALLY LACKING.  I have paid the $20 for the "user manual" and it is an excellent resource for "users" ... however as a developer I find it very difficult to find documentation on how to customize the look and feel of out sites.

Obviously (based on the showcase sites) it is possible to create some VERY NICE looking website with nopCommerce.
However, I would recommend the following manuals be made available:

2. Plugin Development - documentation on whatever method and requirements are needed to create custom plugins
3. General "developer" API with some docuemntation / description as to how the system works

I am familiar with the general MVC concepts and realize that its not necessary to re-document that info, however understanding the complexity of the nop framework is a real challenge at times.

Thanks,
Scott

Scott I'm working on adding some developer specific topics. I've already begun here http://www.csharpwebdeveloper.com. Suggestions are always welcome.

Also I just started working with nopCommerce in the past couple of weeks. I've found that trying to answer other peoples questions has really helped me gain an understanding of the system.
12 năm cách đây
ScottMc101 wrote:

You just have to dig into the code and get your hands dirty.
It is not hard to modify, trust me.
I have done some very extensive modifications, like adding new fields to the database,
and I don't even have any experince with MVC.
I'm not even that good with object oriented programming.

If you look, you will find what code pages you need to modify.
The files are all named well and it's not hard figure out what does what.

Start playing around and experimenting with the code!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.