extending the code base

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 năm cách đây
Hi all,

I've extended the product a little bit to add fields and such in certain places - minor stuff.

BTW, Kudos to the team, I'm finding the entire code base to be highly organized and well thought out.  It's a pleasure to work with so far.

I have two questions:

1.  How do I extend the code base without affecting my ability to upgrade when a new version comes out?  Is there a best practice or would I just have to migrate all of my code changes to the new version?

2. I need to sell sets of products.  I'd like to be able to sell the set or sell individual pieces of the set.  I know the product doesn't support it so I'd be doing this work myself.  I'd like to know if anyone has any general advice for before I start this endeavor (things to consider, anything that might trip me up).  Also, do you think that a feature like this would be a worthy contribution to main nopCommerce code base?

Thanks.

-Joe
12 năm cách đây
jbenckert wrote:
Hi all,

I've extended the product a little bit to add fields and such in certain places - minor stuff.

BTW, Kudos to the team, I'm finding the entire code base to be highly organized and well thought out.  It's a pleasure to work with so far.

I have two questions:

1.  How do I extend the code base without affecting my ability to upgrade when a new version comes out?  Is there a best practice or would I just have to migrate all of my code changes to the new version?

2. I need to sell sets of products.  I'd like to be able to sell the set or sell individual pieces of the set.  I know the product doesn't support it so I'd be doing this work myself.  I'd like to know if anyone has any general advice for before I start this endeavor (things to consider, anything that might trip me up).  Also, do you think that a feature like this would be a worthy contribution to main nopCommerce code base?

Thanks.

-Joe

Here is a similar question (for #1), maybe the answer provided will help. If they do not I can explain them in further detail. https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/12043/plugin-help.aspx
12 năm cách đây
skyler.severns wrote:
Hi all,

I start this endeavor (things to consider, anything that might trip me up).  Also, do you think that a feature like this would be a worthy contribution to main nopCommerce code base?

I need it for my store.  We sell products that consist of components.  The components can be sold seperatley as well.
12 năm cách đây
jbenckert wrote:

Also, do you think that a feature like this would be a worthy contribution to main nopCommerce code base?

Thanks.

-Joe

That would be a great contribution. I have seen many requests for that feature in this forum
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.