nopCommerce v2.40 roadmap

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 năm cách đây
boomhauer wrote:
Are we able to change the SEO name for each product image? I don't see this option in the Admin UI... If not, I definitely would like this feature in 2.4!

No, we can't, but Picture entity has a 'SeoFilename' property now. So all we need to do is to create UI for managing this property. Just created a work item here
12 năm cách đây
very good. My image names goals and current customizations are listed here: seo image names in nopcommerce
12 năm cách đây
Also - I'd really like to see some very basic form of CMS addeded, so we can add a new page, set the url, and add our custom content. i know cms grows in complexity very fast, but right now I'm having to manage a collection of custom cshtml files for each extra page on my site...
12 năm cách đây
boomhauer wrote:
Also - I'd really like to see some very basic form of CMS addeded, so we can add a new page, set the url, and add our custom content. i know cms grows in complexity very fast, but right now I'm having to manage a collection of custom cshtml files for each extra page on my site...

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/10516/n2cms-integration.aspx
12 năm cách đây
eduardo, the site linked from that discussion appears to be gone now
12 năm cách đây
but nonetheless, I think just allowing us to define a page url, use the same template, and define a topic/text block in the page which we can edit the html inside of... should work for very basic purposes.
12 năm cách đây
boomhauer wrote:
but nonetheless, I think just allowing us to define a page url, use the same template, and define a topic/text block in the page which we can edit the html inside of... should work for very basic purposes.

I agree 100%.  I don't think a lot of changes are necessary to make the CMS capability sufficient for a large percentage of users.  The problem with integrating with a 3rd party CMS package is the complexity it adds to the upgrade process.

One issue for me is the Telerik editor seems limited. E.g. no table support, other advanced options (embedding videos, etc.) and it wrecks the html code formatting after every save if you edit in the code window.  I see there is a new work item to replace it with the Tinymce editor (which is highly configurable), which I have used before and like a great deal.  I'm curious though as to why it was chosen over the CKeditor, which there was a work item for and which had a number of votes already?
12 năm cách đây
a.m. wrote:
We've prepared a draft of the roadmap for the next version of nopCommerce (2.40). Estimate release time - the beginning of 2012.

There's only one really important task. It is Mobile devices support. You can find all of the existing work items for 2.40 here.

Writing developer documentation is also planned in the near time. It will be published for free.

Mobile support support is great! Do you already know what mobile framework you're going to use? I think ASP.Net MVC would work great with JQuery Mobile (http://jquerymobile.com/)....
12 năm cách đây
rudgr wrote:
Do you already know what mobile framework you're going to use?

No, but most probably it'll be jQuery Mobile
12 năm cách đây
Great!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.