Telerik Could not be found ( are you missing an assembly reference )

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 năm cách đây
Hi Guys

I hope someone can help me out here, for some reason I have just got this when
building the site, the changes I have made to the view should not have caused this
problem because it was on CSS based, but now I have 556 errors all pertaining to
telerik not being found, I have tried to re-reference the telerik dll but to no avail, if
any anyone has the answer please let me know.

I have also noticed it is no longer referencing AutoMapper either !!

Here is the excepton:

InvalidOperationException

The pre-application start initialization method Initialize on type Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager threw an exception with the following error message: Could not load file or assembly 'Nop.Web, Version=2.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information. . at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethods(ICollection`1 methods) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods() at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) Could not load file or assembly 'Nop.Web, Version=2.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information. at Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() in httpdocs\Libraries\Nop.Core\Plugins\PluginManager.cs:line 163 Could not load file or assembly 'Nop.Web, Version=2.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. at Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() in \httpdocs\Libraries\Nop.Core\Plugins\PluginManager.cs:line 144 Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information. at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module) at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes() at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes() at Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() in httpdocs\Libraries\Nop.Core\Plugins\PluginManager.cs:line 124  

Many thanks
12 năm cách đây
It's not clear to me whether you are having compile time or runtime error(s)  -  how can you get the below runtime exception if you can't get past the compile errors?
12 năm cách đây
Hi New York

I got this from the Server Error Log.
12 năm cách đây
by "Server Log", do you mean in nopCommerce web - Admin > System > Log ???
Again, that implies the web application is running. So, are you having compile time or runtime errors?
12 năm cách đây
Hi New York

No I meant the Server Event Viewer, I run it on my own dedicated server, I cannot get it to run
because it wont compile, and it wont compile because it cannot find Telerik and automapper, and
all i have done is some CSS work, so it's all a bit frustrating really, I have VS2010 on the server
so I tend to work remotely, but I have never had this happen before, so I am a bit of a loss what
to do next, having already re-referenced Telerik and Automapper.

Can you suggest anything ?

Regards
WDD
12 năm cách đây
I'm not sure if that Event Log error is related.  That error implies runtime.  Let's focus on compile stuff first.
I've seen Telerik errors like you describe - though never that many.  Start by "Clean"ing the Solution (right lick solution > Clean).  Then Rebuild just the Nop.Web project.  If that goes well, then Rebuild entire solution.  If not, then Rebuild the projects in the Library folder, and try again.
(I assume when you open up Reference folders you don't see any yellow triangles?)
12 năm cách đây
I;m getting telerik version errors as well, and my site occasionally crashes due to this. Im running the nuget updater right now to see if I can force the projects to all reference the latest telerik version. Will see if this helps.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.