Need suggestion on optimization & hosting server for High Traffic NopCommerce web site with 200k products

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 năm cách đây
Hi,

Thank you to Nop Team for delivering wonderful solutions in this segment.

What kind of server do you suggest for hosting high performance NopCommerce site ?

Specifically, what kind of hosting server architecture do you suggest for store built upon Nop 2.4 with more than 1000 categories and 200000 products that can support at least 1000 concurrent visitors.

I had one question too...
Does Anyone using NopCommerce 2.3/2.4 for ecommerce site with more than 1000 categories and 200k products with high traffic on it? If yes, Please advise what are the optimizations needs to be made and what kind of servers will require? And what do you suggest, a single server of multiple server will needed?

Nop Commerce is a great application and we love it. But during testing we found several performance issues which are limiting its capability to be used in high traffic large shopping cart websites. We also found several forums discussion topics on performance which went unclosed. We just load tested NopCommerce, and found that with just single visitor on several pages, it occupies 25-35% CPU, and with just 20 visitors it occupies 90-100% of CPU with acceptable load time. But with just 50 visitors it uses 100% cpu and very high load time which is unacceptable. Its not hard to predict what will happen in production environment with thousands of concurrent visitors and millions of products?

And if Nop Team is aware of it, why they just make all those changes in the code to make NopCommerce super solid?

Awaiting your help and suggestions? Or Do you suggest not to use nop commerce for such sites?
12 năm cách đây
Hi,

Just out of curiosity, because we are also researching a hosting plan to carry high load traffic on nopCommerce, what is the specs of the machine that is performing so badly, especially the CPU?

Thanks
12 năm cách đây
7Spikes wrote:
Hi,

Just out of curiosity, because we are also researching a hosting plan to carry high load traffic on nopCommerce, what is the specs of the machine that is performing so badly, especially the CPU?

Thanks

Here it is:

Windows Server 2008 R2 (64bit) with SQL Server 2008
Quad Core Xeon Processor E5506 @2.13Ghz
16 GB RAM
NopCommerce version: 2.3

(Soon we'll be doing a test with 2.4 without any source code modification. Hope to see magical improvements.)

Its a single site which is hosted on a server. No other such applications running apart from OS itself, SQL server and Antivirus engine.
12 năm cách đây
The biggest gains (in my opinion) will come from an aggressive caching strategy that is lacking at the moment.

There is currently no output caching - this is mainly due to to the complexities of caching product information which can vary by customer, however - if you can implement some strong output caching you will see a massive increase in performance and decrease in CPU. Obviously, if you can serve the cached content you aren't running as much code.

Even with OutputCaching enabled for Actions \ ChildActions, MVC will still go through the pipeline...so constructs for controllers will always be executed multiple times, even when the content of the Action method can be retrieved from the cache.  

Dependency Injection will be taking care of the majority of instances in the ctor and uses the same instance per HTTP request - but the Settings classes still need to be initiated for the first controllor ctor request. These are created using the ConfigurationProvider class to build the instances and will be created over & over again for each HTTP request - I think this uses quite a lot of CPU cycles & have created a work item here

http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/10600

Caching these objects will at least stop all the Reflection occurring in BuildConfiguration & should hopefully reduce some CPU

Output caching is something I have been experimenting with - particularly using MVC Donut OutputCaching to cache the Child Actions and also using Memcached to create a distributed cache for a 'web farm' scenario.

In general though, I advise you look into the Output caching area. If you are using the source copy, look for controller actions that have the [OutputCache] commented out & experiment with uncommenting them. Notice any performance gains? Does the site behave as expected with output caching enabled?

Perhaps try performance testing as per guidelines

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff647788.aspx

A high traffic site would absolutely require output caching and for the amount of customers \ products you have metnioned, you would probably require a web farm with load balancing.
12 năm cách đây
I would like to see, if we can store dynamically generated pages in html and that would serve the request rather then going into db. So expensive resources can be saved and more visitors can be served.

What do you guys suggest? And how to do it?
12 năm cách đây
I would recommend you looking at the upcoming version 2.5. There are a lot of great performance optimizations for large number of products.

Regarding static HTML pages. Have a look at this topic.

Regarding output caching. I cannot find the forum topic where it was discussed and explained why it's not possible (too complex). In two words there are a lot of parameters (for example, prices per customer role) on which a view can depend. In this case we should also cache views based on themes, mobile devices, etc. There were several suggestions and solutions but all of them were more like hacks or too complex.
12 năm cách đây
thanks a.m. for replying.

I agree with you, its either a hack or too complex to implement with all its functionality, but looking at our requirements, we can forgo some features that doesn't support it or apply a hack that gives better scalability and performance optimization for a large ecommerce site.

Apart from that, I have already looked at the link you shared for html page generation, but we're unable to figure out how it is being implemented. If you can throw some lights, it would be really nice.

And yes, your decision to have lot of performance optimization in v 2.5 is very welcomed.
12 năm cách đây
jariwalakrunal wrote:
Apart from that, I have already looked at the link you shared for html page generation, but we're unable to figure out how it is being implemented. If you can throw some lights, it would be really nice.

I think you should better address this question to the topic author
12 năm cách đây
a.m. wrote:

I think you should better address this question to the topic author

I have already posted it few weeks back, but unfortunately he didn't looked at it.
11 năm cách đây
Hi,

I am intending to use NopCommerce for hundred thousands of products same as you. So I would like to ask if you still suffering from performance problems?

Thanks,
Mohamed
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.