Discount Specific products in cart

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 năm cách đây
I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to discount a subset of products in the shopping cart, not the total amount in the cart. Basically I have products that get prorated. So, customers rent items throughout the year and if you rent an item later in the year I'd like to prorate it. Is that possible with the discount feature, or is there an better way to handle it?
11 năm cách đây
hoda9801 wrote:
I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to discount a subset of products in the shopping cart, not the total amount in the cart. Basically I have products that get prorated. So, customers rent items throughout the year and if you rent an item later in the year I'd like to prorate it. Is that possible with the discount feature, or is there an better way to handle it?

Sorry but I cant get what you mean. Please explain it in more detail using examples
11 năm cách đây
Let's say I have these three items in my shopping cart.

Item 1 - $120.00 (Rental)
Item 2 - $100.00
Item 3 - $100.00

The rental item gets prorated throughout the year (12 months to make it easy). So, if I rent it in January it will cost $120. If I rent it in February it will cost $110...March it will cost $100.

So, that product gets prorated, but the others stay at their original cost. I looked at it as a discount of specific items in the cart and not the entire cart.
11 năm cách đây
hoda9801 wrote:
Let's say I have these three items in my shopping cart.

Item 1 - $120.00 (Rental)
Item 2 - $100.00
Item 3 - $100.00

The rental item gets prorated throughout the year (12 months to make it easy). So, if I rent it in January it will cost $120. If I rent it in February it will cost $110...March it will cost $100.

So, that product gets prorated, but the others stay at their original cost. I looked at it as a discount of specific items in the cart and not the entire cart.

You can set a discount:
Discount type:  Assigned to product variants (SKU)
and requirements:
Discount requirement type:  Customer has one of these product variants in the cart

I think it might be easier using product variant attribute "Number of remaining months" or having 12 product variant,  one for each of the remaining months or the name of the month
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.