2.65 Runtime Error - An exception occurred while processing your request

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 năm cách đây
My site has been running on 2.65 (nop-templates ShopAll Theme) since it's release.   It's hosted at Arvixe.  Without reason today the site began throwing a "Runtime error".   Arvixe has confirmed there are no host related issues.  We restored the backup from yesterday (app only) and continue to get the error.  Arvixe has escalated it internally, but at this time it's not resolved.    (Site: http://impressiveimpressions.com)

I've emailed nop-templates as well.  Any ideas as to the cause would be appreciated.

Thank you, Randy

The debug log returned the following message:
Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <compilation debug="true"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   SevenSpikes.Nop.Framework.MVCExtensions.RouteCollectionExtensions.AddControllerNamespacesToRoute(RouteCollection routes, String routeName, String[] namespacesToAdd) +73
   SevenSpikes.Nop.Framework.Routing.BaseRouteProvider. (RouteCollection ) +94
   SevenSpikes.Nop.Framework.Routing.BaseRouteProvider.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) +56
   Nop.Web.Framework.Mvc.Routes.<>c__DisplayClass3.<RegisterRoutes>b__1(IRouteProvider rp) +15
   System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action) +10722241
   Nop.Web.Framework.Mvc.Routes.RoutePublisher.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) +379
   Nop.Web.MvcApplication.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) +75
   Nop.Web.MvcApplication.Application_Start() +338

[HttpException (0x80004005): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +9859725
   System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +118
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +172
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +336
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +296

[HttpException (0x80004005): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9873912
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +101
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +254

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.17929
11 năm cách đây
Hi
some plugin not installed
u need to install plugins in admin side

Thanks & Regards
Kumar
11 năm cách đây
Hi Kumar,
I can't access the admin portal as the site is down.  It's been running great.  I was logged into the admin portal (idle) then a few minutes I started getting the error.  No changes were made, so plugins added or removed.   We even restored the application from the day before, same result.   So, it seems to me that it may be data related, but I have no idea what that would be.    Worst case, I can restore my database & application to the last backup but I will loose some current orders.

I've provided Nop-Templates with account login information to take a look at the issue.

Thanks,
Randy
11 năm cách đây
As an update to this:  I've resolved the issue by restoring my entire Arvixe applicaiton workspace to 2 weeks ago.   I do not have an explanation as to the cause.  I'll have to continue to monitor.
11 năm cách đây
Update: After restoring my site it crashed again while cleaning up abandoned items.   I've narrowed the issue (but not confirmed yet) to deleting of guest users with abandon carts or an active wishlist.   I suspect the issue occurs when you delete the guest user who has an associated wishlist.  I may try to test this again (after ensuring I have a good backup of course.)

This appears to be a nopCommerce bug in 2.65 when deleting guest users or a user error (me) for not knowing of a better way to clean these up.  A quick search revels some conversations around deleting carts (but not wishlists) but I've not read through them yet.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.