Coupon - how can i do that

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 năm cách đây
Hi,

i want to sell a coupon in my store,
so people can buy 50$ coupon (or a gift card), but they will pay just 45$ for it.
this way it will give people discount,
and i will get returning customers (because they will not use all the credit at first, so they will be back).

so i can do it with a gift card,

but i think there are some problems with the idea, and i want you to help me thinking about it.

a customer can buy a coupon with 45$ and it will be worth 50$, and spend it at once (for example he buy products worth 60$), so he gets the discount, but i am not getting a return customer.

how can i force it to be like i want ?

Thanks,
Shay
11 năm cách đây
shayt wrote:
Hi,

i want to sell a coupon in my store,
so people can buy 50$ coupon (or a gift card), but they will pay just 45$ for it.
this way it will give people discount,
and i will get returning customers (because they will not use all the credit at first, so they will be back).

so i can do it with a gift card,

but i think there are some problems with the idea, and i want you to help me thinking about it.

a customer can buy a coupon with 45$ and it will be worth 50$, and spend it at once (for example he buy products worth 60$), so he gets the discount, but i am not getting a return customer.

how can i force it to be like i want ?

Thanks,
Shay

Give a 10% discount on your gift cards. Follow this example
11 năm cách đây
thanks,
yes i know i can do that on a gift card,
but my question was, how to prevent the user to buy this gift card and use it at once
the main reason i wanted it, is to get a returning customer, so i want to use this gift card only if the sum of the order is BELOW the gift card, or something else.

Shay
11 năm cách đây
It would require custom programming.
Add code to check that gift card is not used same day as purchased.
Or, maybe sell a Discount Coupon (code with a future Start Date); would need custom changes to dynamically generate the discount.
11 năm cách đây
OK,Thanks

i think i will drop the idea, and focus on reward points that gives me exactly the concept of returning customers.
and i will use coupons to give discounts.

Shay
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.