Complete redesign of admin interface, possible?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 năm cách đây
I'm currently researching eCommerce-solutions for my employer and have landed on nopCommerce as a very good alternative since we are mostly a .NET / MVC dev shop.

As far as I've understood nopCommerce has good support when it comes to design of the store front end (themes, plugins, etc), which is all well and good.

My employer is not satisfied with the look and feel of the admin interface though, and since we have in-house (UI/UX) designers available they would like to completely redesign the admin interface to fit both our profile and needs.

My questions are:

- Would this be difficult given the current architecture of nopCommerce? (v3.0)

- Would this make future upgrades of nopCommerce difficult?

- Could this be done through themes or is that just simple colors/placement (if at all available for admin)?

- Has anyone attempted to do the same?

Thanks!
10 năm cách đây
Hi, You can start with making cosmetic changes using CSS. If you're sticking to doing it using CSS only then it would be easy to upgrade when newer version arrives. However, I don't know whether is it possible by plugin or not. You may try to look into that.
10 năm cách đây
jariwalakrunal wrote:
Hi, You can start with making cosmetic changes using CSS. If you're sticking to doing it using CSS only then it would be easy to upgrade when newer version arrives. However, I don't know whether is it possible by plugin or not. You may try to look into that.

Hi, we'll definitely consider trying to fit our UI-needs just through CSS customization, but I'm not sure if it will take us far enough.

Another way I can phrase my question:

Seeing as everything seems pretty loosely coupled, would it be fair to say that the admin-project (Nop.Admin) is interchangeable with a custom admin-project?
10 năm cách đây
Bump! Would be good if any developers with any experience here would chime in.

I am currently in the process of evaluating nopCommerce for my employer and am trying to find how well it would fit within our current solutions (we want it to be a pretty seamless experience, look and feel-wise).
10 năm cách đây
chr2306 wrote:

Another way I can phrase my question:

Seeing as everything seems pretty loosely coupled, would it be fair to say that the admin-project (Nop.Admin) is interchangeable with a custom admin-project?

Yes, we did something like this for one project. Its possible and easy.
10 năm cách đây
chr2306 wrote:
Bump! Would be good if any developers with any experience here would chime in.

I am currently in the process of evaluating nopCommerce for my employer and am trying to find how well it would fit within our current solutions (we want it to be a pretty seamless experience, look and feel-wise).

Yes, this is certainly possible, and in fact very easy.  The ability to change the admin is only limited to your creativity.  I have changed the admin on my site to add new features as well as change the look to match my business.  

You can make basic cosmetic changes changing the CSS for the admin or the Telerik theme as explained here.

However, if you want to make the "big" all you have to do is edit the admin .cshtml files, the views for the admin.  Also, if your adding advance capability you can also change the models and controllers as needed... It is about the same as changing the front end.

Hope this helps.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.