Recurring payment with PayPal (using nop 2.8)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 năm cách đây
Hello.  

I'm using nop 2.8 with PayPal standard.  No problems with payment processing until now that I'm doing something new: recurring payments.  I'm trying to test it.

I have setup a product variant to be a recurring product: cycle length 1, cycle period Days, Total cycles 3.

When a user is checking out to buy this recurring product, in step 4 of the checkout, "Payment Methods", they get a message that says "No payment methods available".

In Configuration > Payment Methods, I have Payments.PayPalStandard active.  I see that there is no support for this system in the column "Recurring support".

However, Payments.PayPalDirect does have the support for it.

Is it correct that I need to use Payments.PayPalDirect?  If so I would have the following followup questions:

1. What kind of account do I need from PayPal to use PayPalDirect?  In other words, what do I ask/signup for?
2. Does PayPalDirect require an account type from PayPal that is for a monthly fee?  I talked to them and they said that the basic service I have with them does support recurring payments as long as the customer is paying with PayPal ( no credit cards ).
3. If I setup PayPalDirect should I turn off PayPalStandard or keep both?  I'm assuming that PayPalDirect is a better service that does everything that PayPalStandard does plus more. Is that right or is there some reason to keep PayPalStandard active?

Thanks in advance.
6 năm cách đây
Bump

Any thoughts for nopCommerce 3.90?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.