install.aspx nopCommerce-generated error page

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 năm cách đây
I'm a newbie at nopCommerce, and feeling a bit clueless on this one.

I downloaded the full source version of nopCommerce 1.5.  I open the project in VS Web Express version, then build and published it to localhost. The install screen comes up fine  via localhost/~/install/install.aspx. Then using a standard ftp utility I uploaded the whole site from my localhost directory to the root on my web host. When I try to call ~/install/install.aspx from my website, I get the below error. I know this is a nopCommerce error page, but am clueless on what it means. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks, Darrell

---------------

We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete.

Our supporting staff has been notified with this error and will address this issue shortly. We profusely apologize for the inconvenience and for any damage this may cause. You might want to try the same action at later time.
14 năm cách đây
Open your web.config file and comment out the current <customErrors> tag.  Then above it put <customErrors mode="Off"/>

This will let you see the errors generated by the .NET compiler.  This way you can test your application and find out what is going on quickly.  When your application goes into production, delete the newly added <customErrors> tag and uncomment the original tag.

I had problems with nopCommerce at first. It was because a .dll file in the bin directory did not upload completely.  Make sure the files in your bin directory were uploaded completely.
14 năm cách đây
Thanks, deccks
That was helpful. I got an error message indicated my db connection string was off. In the web.config file it references a connectionstrings.config file, which had no connections strings in it. I put in my best guess and am still getting an error.  I thought the db was specified in the initial install screens of the app, so I don't know why it throwing an error about SQL.

########

Line 147:    <roleManager>
Line 148:      <providers>
Line 149:        <add name="AspNetSqlRoleProvider" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" applicationName="/" type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
Line 150:        <add name="AspNetWindowsTokenRoleProvider" applicationName="/" type="System.Web.Security.WindowsTokenRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
Line 151:      </providers>

Source File:  C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config    Line:  149

########
14 năm cách đây
Turns out it was something on the hoster side (mochaHost). They finally flipped something in response to a trouble ticket, but never told me what it was they did.
14 năm cách đây
They probably turned on the correct version of ASP.NET for you.

So everything is working fine now?
14 năm cách đây
I am logged on as admin in my store on my website - man, that sure is pretty.

Thanks a million for the help!
14 năm cách đây
I had the same problem and finally got around this by commenting out the AspNetSqlRoleProvider line in machine.config:

<roleManager>
   <providers>
      <!--<add name="AspNetSqlRoleProvider" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" applicationName="/" type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>-->

Still I'd like to know why this error was happening.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.