ACL issue

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 năm cách đây
Dear Team,

we are facing issue in plugins as vendor should be able to manage products and plugins related to products like nop attachment,nop quick tabs etc as the same was working fine in version 3.7 and vendor was able manage products and tabs/attachment

Now when we upgraded to 3.8 we found that assigning the product management is not going to work for nop templates attachment i.e tab management is not visible and to activate the same we have to authorize user for manage plugin thats against the security terms because after that vendor is able to change the settings of any plugins.

Please support we are bounded to provide plugin access because of ACL is not working for additional plugins related to products
7 năm cách đây
Hi Monish,

If I got you right, you experience this issue only with some third-party plugins. In this case you have to contact its developers in order to resolve it because we haven't changed anything in 3.80 related to ACL. Looks like it's related to implementation of these plugins
7 năm cách đây
Hi Andrei,

Yes i believe that this is plugin issue if nothing changed in ACL...i have raised the ticket with nop-templates and keep you posted on this

Thanks
Monish Rafi
7 năm cách đây
a.m. wrote:
Hi Monish,

If I got you right, you experience this issue only with some third-party plugins. In this case you have to contact its developers in order to resolve it because we haven't changed anything in 3.80 related to ACL. Looks like it's related to implementation of these plugins

Hi Andrei,

Yes, nothing has changed in nopCommerce but we use the "Manage Plugins" from the ACL to determine if the customer can access to our plugins or not. So now the customer needs to have permissions to Manage Plugins in order to be able to use the plugins.
The problem is that this is used in 2 separate places in nopCommerce - to show the Plugins menu and to allow the customer access the plugins page where they can install/uninstall plugins.

I think there should be 2 different options in ACL like this:

Manage Plugins - determines if the customer can install/uninstall plugins. (install/uninstall buttons are enabled/disabled)

Configure Plugins - determines if the customer can configure the plugins i.e Configure button is enabled/disabled.

This way the store owner can disable the Manage Plugins access for the Vendors (for example) but at the same time allow them to be able to configure the plugins i.e the plugin allows adding some data to the products etc.

I hope this makes sense!
7 năm cách đây
I agree, we provide hosted nopcommerce and bespoke development to our customers. We allow them a 'content management' role as we do not want to give them administrator access. This means they cannot configure the plugins from nop-templates (such as carousel and banner widgets) and we have to make the changes for them.
6 năm cách đây
Any updates on this?  This is a huge issue that should be addressed.  Content Managers should have the ability to work on plugin-related content within the various CM screens (news, blog, categories... etc) without needing to have access the plugin administration side.

This is forcing us to have administrators assist content managers to produce content for the site, which is not the most efficient use of resources.  It will now take at least two people to publish various types of content properly when this could be, and should be, a one person task.

You cant allow content managers to have access to the plugin administration side due to the damage that they can do to the NOP instance.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.