Problems with a fresh install to an upgraded database

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 năm cách đây
I am attempting to do the following:

1. Copy a v3.1 database to a new host
2. Apply the upgrade scripts to sequentially from 3.2 to 3.8
3. Install nopcommerce v3.8 using the upgraded database

Steps 1 and 2 are complete and seem to have worked. However when I get to step 3, I am presented with the install form which displays this error when submitted: "Setup failed: Sequence contains more than one element"

I looked up the error and saw that it should be fixed by uploading a
settings.txt
file with the connection string. I did this but I still get presented with the install form which fails.

I am new to nopcommerce. Should this work? If so, is there anything I can do to resolve the error?

Thanks,
Richard
7 năm cách đây
If you have placed a settings.txt with the correct connection string into your Add_Data folder, then the install screen should no longer appear. Which probably means that your connection string just isn't quite right.
7 năm cách đây
To clarify...you don't really need to "install" nopCommerce if you already have all the newest nopC files in your site and have already upgraded your database properly. By supplying the settings.txt, you will bypass the installation screen and you should just see your site load up.

Also, if you already upgraded all your plugins to 3.80 and have located them within your /Plugins folder, then you should also put your backed-up "InstalledPlugins.txt" file into the App_Data folder as well.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.