How to make search page display in grids?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 năm cách đây
Hi,

Currently the default search page displays products in lines. How do I change it to display in grids so that it is consisted with my other pages? Thanks in advance.
13 năm cách đây
have a look at asp:ListView in search.ascx

you could compare the code in this file to the code in templates/categories/ProductsInGrid.ascx
13 năm cách đây
Thank you. I will implement that.
13 năm cách đây
I'm not sure if I did this correctly, but I attempted and is unsuccessful. I tried replacing the following in search.ascx:

<div class="product-list1">
            <asp:ListView ID="lvProducts" runat="server" OnPagePropertiesChanging="lvProducts_OnPagePropertiesChanging">
                <LayoutTemplate>
                    <asp:PlaceHolder ID="itemPlaceholder" runat="server"></asp:PlaceHolder>
                </LayoutTemplate>
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <div class="item-box">
                        <nopCommerce:ProductBox2 ID="ctrlProductBox" Product='<%# Container.DataItem %>'
                            runat="server" />
                    </div>
                </ItemTemplate>
            </asp:ListView>
        </div>

with

<div class="product-grid">
        <asp:DataList ID="dlProducts" runat="server" RepeatColumns="4" RepeatDirection="Horizontal"
            RepeatLayout="Table" ItemStyle-CssClass="item-box">
            <ItemTemplate>
                <nopCommerce:ProductBox1 ID="ctrlProductBox" Product='<%# Container.DataItem %>'
                    runat="server" />
            </ItemTemplate>
        </asp:DataList>
    </div>

Am I missing somthing?

Thanks
13 năm cách đây
Hi

I'm having trouble getting this to work and this is the nearest post - but without an answer.

I've tried several permutations but get different errors each time.

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
13 năm cách đây
I've got this working fine -- and I even include the count of products found and what I think is an improved paging. See  http://clermontwebsites.com/searchgrid2011Feb21.jpg

I'm overbooked right now, but can point you in the right direction in a few days, if that helps. Contact me directly at brad (at) clermontsoftware.com or clermontwebsites.com if you need something sooner, or as a reminder.
13 năm cách đây
Yeah, I'd appreciate hearing how you got it to work. I'm using v1.6 and it doesn't want to work the way I've tried it...
13 năm cách đây
i'm also interested in the codes as well. thanks
13 năm cách đây
Keep in mind that this customer had unusual data -- no product names, so the SKU was treated as the product name. so, you would have to adjust accordingly.

In Search.ascx, the relevant code is

<div class="search-results">
        <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblNoResults" Text="<% $NopResources:Search.NoResultsText %>"
            Visible="false" CssClass="result" />

<nopcommerce:ProductsGridview1 id="ctrlproductgridview" runat="server" OnCatalogGridviewSorting="gvOnCatalogSorting"
        OnCatalogPageChanging="gvOnCatalogPageChanging" />
    </div>

In ProductsGridview1.ascx, the relevant code is:

<div class="product-gridview">
    <asp:GridView ID="gvCatalog" DataKeyNames="ProductId" runat="server" AllowPaging="False" EnableViewState="true"
        AutoGenerateColumns="False" CellPadding="4" GridLines="None" AllowSorting="true"
        OnRowCreated="gvOnRowCreated"
        OnSorting ="gvOnSorting"
        PageSize="50" CssClass="productsgridtablestyle">
        <RowStyle CssClass="productsgridrowstyle" />
        <AlternatingRowStyle CssClass="productsgridaltrowstyle" />
        <HeaderStyle CssClass="productsgridheaderstyle" />
        <PagerStyle CssClass="productsgridpagerstyle" />
        <Columns>
            <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Select" HeaderStyle-CssClass="product-select-th">
                <HeaderTemplate>
                    <%--<asp:CheckBox ID="chkSelectAll" runat="server" CssClass="chkheader" />--%>
                </HeaderTemplate>
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <asp:CheckBox runat="server" ID="chkSelect" ValidationGroup="vgAddtoCart" CssClass="chkselect" />
                    <asp:HiddenField ID="hfProductId" runat="server" Value='<%# Eval("ProductId") %>' />
                </ItemTemplate>
            </asp:TemplateField>
            <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Item" SortExpression="Name" HeaderStyle-CssClass="product-name-th" ItemStyle-CssClass="product-name">
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <asp:HyperLink runat="server" ID="hypName" NavigateUrl='<%# GetProductUrl((int)Eval("ProductId")) %>'>
                        <asp:Label ID="lblName" runat="server" Text='<%#Server.HtmlEncode((string)Eval("Name").ToString()) %>' />
                    </asp:HyperLink>
                </ItemTemplate>
            <asp:BoundField DataField="ShortDescription" HeaderText="Description" SortExpression="Description" ReadOnly="true" HeaderStyle-CssClass="product-description-th" ItemStyle-CssClass="product-description" />
            <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Price" SortExpression="Price" HeaderStyle-CssClass="product-price-th" ItemStyle-CssClass="product-price-td">
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <nopCommerce:ProductPrice2 ID="ctrlProductPrice" runat="server" ProductID='<%#Eval("ProductId") %>' />
                </ItemTemplate>
            <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Qty" HeaderStyle-CssClass="product-quantity-th">
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <asp:TextBox runat="server" ID="txtQuantity" ValidationGroup="vgAddtoCart" CssClass="product-quantity" MaxLength="5" Text="0" />
                    <asp:RangeValidator id="valrngtxtQuantity" ControlToValidate="txtQuantity" runat="server" ValidationGroup="vgAddtoCart"
                        MinimumValue="0" MaximumValue="99999" Type="Integer" ErrorMessage="0 to 99999" SetFocusOnError="True" Display="Dynamic"  />
                </ItemTemplate>
            <asp:TemplateField ShowHeader="False" HeaderStyle-CssClass="product-buttons">
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <asp:Button runat="server" ID="btnAddToCart" OnCommand="btnAddToCart_Click" Text="<% $NopResources:Products.AddToCart %>"
                        ValidationGroup="vgAddtoCart" CommandArgument='<%# Eval("ProductId") %>' CssClass="productlistaddtocartbutton" />
                </ItemTemplate>
        </Columns>
    </asp:GridView>
    <div class="clear">
    </div>
    <div class="product-pager">
        <nopcommerce:GridViewPager runat="server" ID="catalogPager" OnPageChanging="PagerOnChanging" TotalRecordText="Total Products Found: " />
    </div>

<asp:LoginView ID="lgvAddAllToCart" runat="server">
        <LoggedInTemplate>
            <asp:Panel runat="server" id="pnlAddToCart" CssClass="pnladdtocart">
                <span class="addalltocarttext">Add all items with quantities to cart</span>

<span class="button">
                    <asp:Button runat="server" ID="btnAddAllToCart" Text="Add All to Cart"
                        ValidationGroup="vgAddtoCart" OnClick="btnAddAllToCart_Click" CssClass="productlistaddtocartbutton">
                    </asp:Button>                                      
                </span>  
            </asp:Panel>
        </LoggedInTemplate>
    </asp:LoginView>
</div>

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.