Products/variants with discounts - price comparison site for food

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 năm cách đây
Hi!
Long time listener, first time caller.

I’m building a site for food price-comparison and have a question about data-modeling. I’m considering using products/variants where
My main products will, for example, be Milk. It will contain all text, nutrition facts, images etc.
Under each product, I will have variants which are the same milk from different sites. Variants will contain description from every site, link to that product and of course prices (prices can differ on one site depending on where you live so expect several prices for each variant)
Different sites have of course discounts. For instance “2 for 25”, “Mix 5 for 10” or “30% off”. I think some of discounts need to be created since nop doesn’t have all OOTB.

What do you think:
Is the product/variants way to go here?
Will I run in to trouble with discount if I have to create my own.
And problems with discounts on variants?
Anyone have experience creating own discounts?
Any performance obstacles that may occur if I reach 40 000 products (each with five variants) with 1 000 - 2000 active discounts?

Thanks!
/Val
7 năm cách đây
vromanov wrote:
Hi!

I’m building a site for food price-comparison and have a question about data-modeling. I’m considering using products/variants where
My main products will, for example, be Milk. It will contain all text, nutrition facts, images etc.
Under each product, I will have variants which are the same milk from different sites. Variants will contain description from every site, link to that product and of course prices (prices can differ on one site depending on where you live so expect several prices for each variant)
Different sites have of course discounts. For instance “2 for 25”, “Mix 5 for 10” or “30% off”. I think some of discounts need to be created since nop doesn’t have all OOTB.

What do you think:
Any performance obstacles that may occur if I reach 40 000 products (each with five variants) with 1 000 - 2000 active discounts?
I also think that product variants is the best approach. If you are just going to link products to the respective site, IMHO you don't have to program discounts, just describe them, since they will be applied in the other site. Performance depends more on the number of concurrent visitors and can allways be solved by server configuration and use of services such as Cloudflare.

Thanks!
/Val
7 năm cách đây
Thanks for the answer!
Regarding the promotions, I want the customer to have his/her cart calculated correctly. So I need to have all types of promotions created in nop. Meaning that a customer fills the cart with products and then we show all different cart prices based on different store prices and where in the country they are. See: https://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/

Any experience with that? Are all extensions created as plugins?
7 năm cách đây
Tecnofin wrote:
Hi!

What do you think:
I also think that product variants is the best approach. If you are just going to link products to the respective site, IMHO you don't have to program discounts, just describe them, since they will be applied in the other site. Performance depends more on the number of concurrent visitors and can allways be solved by server configuration and use of services such as Cloudflare.

Thanks!
/Val

Thanks for the answer!
Regarding the promotions, I want the customer to have his/her cart calculated correctly. So I need to have all types of promotions created in nop. Meaning that a customer fills the cart with products and then we show all different cart prices based on different store prices and where in the country they are. See: https://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/

Any experience with that? Are all extensions created as plugins?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.