Admin Bulk Insert bug/flaw

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 năm cách đây
Let's say you're running a store with Home Appliances.  And you want to create a few categories.  Washers, Dryers, Refrigerators, Ovens, etc...  And within each category, you want to allow users to filter by brand.  So you create a sub-category for Kenmore, Whirlpool, Samsung, etc... within each category.

Now, when I go to bulk load, for the category I put in Kenmore.

The problem is, there's no way to tell WHICH Kenmore category I want it in.  And it doesn't go by SKU, because I have them as wash_ken_0001 or oven_sams_0001 so that each SKU is indeed unique.

I discovered this by exporting a list using the Export functionality, and then when I imported some data using the same category that exported, it imported into Kenwood Washers instead of Kenwood Ovens.

My assumption is that this is a flaw, and it's probably not one everyone would encounter because not everyone would have a store set up that way.  But I figured I'd mention it because it'd be nice to have it work properly.

For now, I have to go back in through the Admin panel and edit the entries and manually pick which category it belongs to.
6 năm cách đây
Thanks a lot! This is a known issue. Please find a work item here
6 năm cách đây
This problem is solved. Please see this commit for more details
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.