500 Internal Server Error After Upgrading to V4 from V3.9

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 năm cách đây
Hello Support,

I am getting 500 Internal Server error when upgraded from V3.9 to V4. I tried accessing website directly on the web server and i am getting error as below in image. Any help please? My live site is offline due to this..

I followed all the steps in other threads but its still there. Any help?

Thanks
6 năm cách đây
did u solve the problem?
i have the same issue with a clean installation for V4.0
6 năm cách đây
I had similar problems until my host gave read/write permissions in the App Pool... I think to the exe or website default user.
6 năm cách đây
I am also getting this error message.

I upgraded from v3.9 to v4.0 and followed the directions in the README.TXT

I am running this using IIS and when I went to browse it after the upgrade I now get a 500 Error message.

Permissions to the files have not changed, what could be the problem?
6 năm cách đây
TroyNeally wrote:
I am also getting this error message.

I upgraded from v3.9 to v4.0 and followed the directions in the README.TXT

I am running this using IIS and when I went to browse it after the upgrade I now get a 500 Error message.

Permissions to the files have not changed, what could be the problem?

Check once again permission for wwwroot, wwwroot/content, web.config, plugin/bin folder
6 năm cách đây
I checked the permissions and they look fine.

I did however read in another post that you need to download and install the .NET CORE Windows Hosting Server...  I have not done this yet but will today and respond once completed.
6 năm cách đây
Same problem. Upgraded from 3.7 to 4.00 and getting a 500.19 error which I think is formed by malformed XML in the web.config file. The file is unaltered and reads:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
  <system.webServer>
    <handlers>
      <add name="aspNetCore" path="*" verb="*" modules="AspNetCoreModule" resourceType="Unspecified" />
    </handlers>
    <aspNetCore requestTimeout="00:07:00" processPath=".\Nop.Web.exe" arguments="" forwardWindowsAuthToken="false" stdoutLogEnabled="false" stdoutLogFile=".\logs\stdout" />
    <httpProtocol>
      <customHeaders>
        <remove name="X-Powered-By" />
      </customHeaders>
    </httpProtocol>
  </system.webServer>
</configuration>
<!--ProjectGuid: 4f1f649c-1020-45be-a487-f416d9297ff3-->

Should anything from the version 3 web.config be copied across?

I have verified the IIS_IUSRS has read/write/modify permission over all files in the folder.
6 năm cách đây
A wee update. Installed .net Core as suggested above and modified iis pool to Not Managed now getting an error returned by nopCommerce that reads:

We're sorry, an internal error occurred.

Our supporting staff has been notified of this error and will address the issue shortly.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please try clicking your browsers 'back' button or try reloading the home page.

If you continue to receive this message, please try again in a little while.

Thank you for your patience
6 năm cách đây
Sorted!
I restored my SQL back to version 3.7, upgraded to 3.8 then 3.9 and finally 4.00 and that seems to have fixed it. I think last time I may have installed 3.9 beta.
Apart from the database issue the other key data that is missing from the readme is that you need to ensure you have .net Core installed and set the Application Pool to "No Managed Code".
4 năm cách đây
This has helped me while doing a fresh AWS EC2 Windows Server install.

Solution
Select the server in IIS Manager.
Select Feature Delegation.
Set Modules to Read/Write
And also, the nopCommerce required to give access to the application pool’s identity.

https://docs.nopcommerce.com/en/user-guide/installing/installation-guide/known-issues-and-solutions.html
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.