Can't even get this to connect to my sql server

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 năm cách đây
Hi Guys

Little help I'm running Microsoft 2008 express, and I'm in the first stage of connecting to the sql server.

I doesn't seem to be able to find the SQL server even if its located on the same server.

This is the error I'm getting:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Any ideas?

Please help
13 năm cách đây
You connectionstring is propbably wrong.  try .\SQLExpress
13 năm cách đây
Skiltz wrote:
You connectionstring is propbably wrong.  try .\SQLExpress

Hey thanks for the quick reply this is teh connectionstrings its set to

data source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=SSPI;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|aspnetdb.mdf;User Instance=true

when i browse through it from IIS it ask me to go through nopCommerce installation process.
13 năm cách đây
I also tryed SQLExpress, still same issue.
13 năm cách đây
never mind finally figured it out. when it prompt for the instance's name i put SQLEXPRESS directly in, but then i tryed localhost\SQLEXPRESS and it work
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.