New Products Category

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 năm cách đây
I am wondering if it is possible to create a new products category that is NOT featured in the menu that can pull products that are marked as new and automatically update based upon the Mark as New. End Date.  So instead of having a menu tab (my particular store does not have the categories in the menu, they are to the side) I would like the Marked as New products to show up in a Category. Can this be done with custom code?

Thanks in advance!
5 năm cách đây
Hello,

Yes this is possible with custom code only. You can choose to make a plugin as well.

Out of the box nopCommerce does not provide something like this.

Hope this would help.

Thank you,
Atul
5 năm cách đây
Yes, This can be achieve by customization. You just need to extend Product Entity with add new field for End New Date and display those products which are valid within current DateTime.

You can create scheduler and run it on specific time interval, and unmark for mark as new product those products which End date passed.

But I'll suggest to you do this with Plugin instead of code customization. That will be easy to maintain your code in future when you/your client want to upgrade store to latest nopCommerce version.

Hope this will help you.
5 năm cách đây
rajupaladiya wrote:
Yes, This can be achieve by customization. You just need to extend Product Entity with add new field for End New Date and display those products which are valid within current DateTime.

You can create scheduler and run it on specific time interval, and unmark for mark as new product those products which End date passed.

But I'll suggest to you do this with Plugin instead of code customization. That will be easy to maintain your code in future when you/your client want to upgrade store to latest nopCommerce version.

Hope this will help you.

Hi,

I totally downvote this answer because you should clearly read what customer is asking.. he said " I would like the Marked as New products to show up in a Category."..
5 năm cách đây
nopAdvance wrote:

Hi,

I totally downvote this answer because you should clearly read what customer is asking.. he said " I would like the Marked as New products to show up in a Category."..

Okay Sir, If you think that than you can feel free down vote.
But as I understand from mturnur's post, based below quoted line, mturner want to display to "New Products" menu in top Menu bar.

mturner wrote:

I am wondering if it is possible to create a new products category that is NOT featured in the menu that can pull products that are marked as new

So default nopCommerce already provide this functionality. You've to just visit Generate Settings under admin > Configuration > Settings > General Settings

There is second section titled with "Top menu items"
You've to just check :Display "New products"

For setting check here

This will enable New Product menu item in top menu bar and it shows those products which are mark as New Product under product edit page.

Mturner is also writing,
mturner wrote:

automatically update based upon the Mark as New. End Date

So I suggest to him create scheduler which update status of New Product disable based on New Product End Date.

mturner wrote:

o instead of having a menu tab (my particular store does not have the categories in the menu, they are to the side) I would like the Marked as New products to show up in a Category.

For this, if he want to change anything additional in header, than he can override viewpage or use widget and write there as per his requirement.

Hope this detailed description help to mturner

Sir, If I'm still wrong or not clear understand then you can correct me.

Thank you :)
5 năm cách đây
rajupaladiya wrote:

Hi,

Okay Sir, If you think that than you can feel free down vote.
But as I understand from mturnur's post, based below quoted line, mturner want to display to "New Products" menu in top Menu bar.

I am wondering if it is possible to create a new products category that is NOT featured in the menu that can pull products that are marked as new

So default nopCommerce already provide this functionality. You've to just visit Generate Settings under admin > Configuration > Settings > General Settings

There is second section titled with "Top menu items"
You've to just check :Display "New products"

For setting check here

This will enable New Product menu item in top menu bar and it shows those products which are mark as New Product under product edit page.

Mturner is also writing,

automatically update based upon the Mark as New. End Date
So I suggest to him create scheduler which update status of New Product disable based on New Product End Date.

o instead of having a menu tab (my particular store does not have the categories in the menu, they are to the side) I would like the Marked as New products to show up in a Category.

For this, if he want to change anything additional in header, than he can override viewpage or use widget and write there as per his requirement.

Hope this detailed description help to mturner

Sir, If I'm still wrong or not clear understand then you can correct me.

Thank you :)

Hi Raju,

This is perfect reply. Keep this continued :)

Thank you,
Atul
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.