Customer Registration

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 năm cách đây
How do I remove the Date of Birth and Gender fields?  Also, the options box with Newsletters and the "Subscribe to Newsletters box on the side bar?

Thanks in Advance
13 năm cách đây
jonny117 wrote:
How do I remove the Date of Birth and Gender fields?  Also, the options box with Newsletters and the "Subscribe to Newsletters box on the side bar?

Thanks in Advance

You can control the fields the are being displayed on the registration form from your admin section.

Go to your admin section >   Configuration   >   Global Settings  > Choose 11th Tab that says "Customer profiles"

Scroll down and you will see this:

Form Fields:
You can create and manage the form fields available during registration (public store) below.
Check/Uncheck field(s) according to your requirement...
13 năm cách đây
Thank you, that was easy, but I would also like to be able to remove everything that deals with newsletters...and be able to add them back in if they are needed later (just in case)
13 năm cách đây
jonny117 wrote:
Thank you, that was easy, but I would still like to be able to remove everything that deals with newsletters...and be able to add them back in if they are needed later (just in case)

So by default you want all the new users to be signed up for newsletter or no ?

You can try one one thing to remove newsletter section from the registration form:

Go to nopcommercestore folder / modules / CustomerRegister.ascx

Go to line # 284

Comment out the Newsletter section like this:

<!--   <tr class="row">
                                        <td class="item-name">
                                            <%=GetLocaleResourceString("Account.Newsletter")%>:
                                        </td>
                                        <td class="item-value">
                                            <asp:CheckBox ID="cbNewsletter" runat="server" Checked="true"></asp:CheckBox>
                                        </td>
                                    </tr> -->

If you want by default all the user who will register to be subscribed for newsletter then do it as i mentioned above
but if you dont want any user to be subscribed for newsletter by default then do one thing

when you will comment out the above section before than, change -> Checked ="false" and save then comment out the section and see if it works...
13 năm cách đây
Just to remind you, if you will comment out any section from the registration form the way i explained above , you might have to do modifications in the code behind too..

you will know by testing the code..
13 năm cách đây
Ok, thank you, will try that
13 năm cách đây
I have a couple more things I'd like to remove.

On the Customer's "My Account" page, it also has the "Options" box with "I would like to receive Newsletters" and I would also like to remove the "My Downloaded Products" tab.
13 năm cách đây
To remove Newsletter option from My Account page:

Go to NopcommerceStore folder / Modules / CustomerInfo.ascx

find this code and comment it out like this:

<!-- <div class="section-body">
        <table class="table-container">
            <tbody>
                <tr class="row">
                    <td class="item-name">
                        <%=GetLocaleResourceString("Account.Newsletter")%>:
                    </td>
                    <td class="item-value">
                        <asp:CheckBox ID="cbNewsletter" runat="server"></asp:CheckBox>
                    </td>
                </tr>
            </tbody>
        </table>
    </div> -->
13 năm cách đây
To remove any tab from My Account page:

Find Account.aspx.cs and in the function "Page_PreRender" just set Visible=false on the panel you want to hide, example.

To hide the Address tab just add:
pnlCustomerAddresses.Visible = false;
6 năm cách đây
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have two options on the registration page:

1. Register as a customer - when clicked, the standard registration form displays
2. Register as a vendor - when clicked, the apply for vendor form displays

Will this require customization or can it be done standard?

Thanks
Lena
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.