Deleting registered email

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 năm cách đây
Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting so I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, I couldn't find anything when I did a search of the forum.

I have a customer who accidentally entered the wrong email address when he registered his account. He didn't realise it was incorrect so he was unable to log in. When I tried to correct the email address on his account it wouldn't accept it because it turned out he had two accounts.
He asked me to delete both of the accounts so that he could start again.
After I deleted the accounts the customer still couldn't create an account because the shop said that his email address was still registered.

I also deleted the order that he had placed a couple of years ago but that still hasn't helped.

When I try to create a new account for him it says the email is already registered, but when I try to send him a link to reset a forgotten password it says that no email is found.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

Elyse
5 năm cách đây
Hi Elyse,

Actually, your customer accounts deleted logically not physically from the database. See this topic and permanently delete them.

Regards
5 năm cách đây
FYI - There is a related FAQ on this.  In All Settings, search for customersettings.suffixdeletedcustomers

Q: How can I re-assign an email address if I've deleted the customer?
A:  There is a setting that will Suffix a customer email with "-DELETED" when the record is deleted
All Settings - customersettings.suffixdeletedcustomers
Out of the box, the setting is FALSE.  If you deleted the customer prior to making the change to TRUE, then you need to manually suffix the email using a SQL tool (e.g. SSMS)
5 năm cách đây
Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it :)
5 năm cách đây
normally i will patch the data for my client - remove this account physically and let him register again.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.