IIS7, Windows 2008 Permissions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 năm cách đây
I see all the informaiton about read/write access on specific file:
But, no one has been very clear about which Account needs such access.

What user account is the one needed read/write access?

I am using Windows 2008 R2, IIS7 and SQL 2008 R2
Thanks in advance!
13 năm cách đây
The NETWORK SERVICE account is the one to use on IIS7.

Make sure you give Read, Write and Alter permission

Only grant permission to the folders that need it. They are, I think,  'images' & 'files'. You may also need to allow permission on the 'Administration\backups' folder

Murray
13 năm cách đây
Yeah.. this didnt work.
When I try to backup the database, or even add a category.. I just get a security warning over and over again.
Adding NETWORK SERVICE to these folders, and giving read/write access did not work.

Any suggestions?
13 năm cách đây
THis is the exception that I get when I add a Category:

System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed. at AjaxControlToolkit.HTMLEditor.EditPanel.set_ActiveMode(ActiveModeType value) at AjaxControlToolkit.HTMLEditor.EditPanel.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) at AjaxControlToolkit.ScriptControlBase.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at ASP.administration_categoryadd_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) The action that failed was: Demand The type of the first permission that failed was: System.Security.PermissionSet The Zone of the assembly that failed was: MyComputer

This is the exception that I get when I attempt to backup Database:

Message:  Cannot open backup device 'D:\WEBSITES\COCOCHARLOTTE\Administration\backups\database_2010-10-29-10-30-52_9349.bak'. Operating system error 3(The system cannot find the path specified.). BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
Exception:  System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot open backup device 'D:\WEBSITES\COCOCHARLOTTE\Administration\backups\database_2010-10-29-10-30-52_9349.bak'. Operating system error 3(The system cannot find the path specified.). BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Installation.InstallerHelper.Backup(String fileName) at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Maintenance.MaintenanceManager.Backup() at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Administration.Modules.MaintenanceControl.BackupButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
13 năm cách đây
Hi

Have you also granted 'Modify' permission on those folders?
13 năm cách đây
read / write permission should be given to network service AND also to the website user ( eg  yourdomain.com or sometimes something like     is_usr )
13 năm cách đây
I think it is something related to .bak backup file extension.

If you change this extension by other (.zip, .txt, ..)  , download works fine.  I don't know why download of .bak file doesn't work .
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.