Direct vendor registration in nopCommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 năm cách đây
Hello Team,

I am a software developer and new to nopCommerce.

I have a use case and I will like to now if it is possible on nopCommerce and how to achieve it. I want to be able to have a vendor registration link directly on the dashboard same way there is one for customer. Where new users can apply directly as a vendor.

What I can see on nopCommerce at the moment is  where users first registers as a customer and then apply to be a vendor. I need a single form that automatically registers the user as a vendor.
4 năm cách đây
There is no option like. You need customization.
4 năm cách đây
mhsjaber wrote:

Thank you for your response.

Can you guide me on how to achieve this?
4 năm cách đây
nairanote wrote:

As software developer you should begin with documentation. With standard nopCommerce source code some plugins are already prepared, so review of code will be helpful with first steps.
To get it working as much simple as it may be, I would add new setting to register page of the user - something like "vendor" (need to check, which fields are required by creating vendor account, so need to pass extra information forward). If that setting will be checked, you will need to override methods of vendor registration, do not forget to assign role. Need to remember, that each vendor is assign to already registered user of nopCommerce.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Tom
4 năm cách đây
nairanote wrote:

Dear,
Yes, I can guide. But I'm totally confused that what are you trying to achieve? How admin will track that which customer should be mapped to that vendor? How that customer, who registered that vendor will identity/modify that vendor information?
4 năm cách đây
mhsjaber wrote:

Dear,
Yes, I can guide. But I'm totally confused that what are you trying to achieve? How admin will track that which customer should be mapped to that vendor? How that customer, who registered that vendor will identity/modify that vendor information?

Thank you.

Alright. While I know is vendor a type of customer, I do not want vendors to first register as a customer. I want a separate page for vendor registration where you do not have to first register as a customer before being a vendor.

So it's like saying, a single request should create the customer and also apply for vendor automatically.
4 năm cách đây
nop4you wrote:
As software developer you should begin with documentation. With standard nopCommerce source code some plugins are already prepared, so review of code will be helpful with first steps.
To get it working as much simple as it may be, I would add new setting to register page of the user - something like "vendor" (need to check, which fields are required by creating vendor account, so need to pass extra information forward). If that setting will be checked, you will need to override methods of vendor registration, do not forget to assign role. Need to remember, that each vendor is assign to already registered user of nopCommerce.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Tom

Thank you Tom for this. I have already started reading the documentation. I just need guidance on how to achieve the direct vendor registration without messing up the system.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.