Killing (or reducing) SPAM registrations

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 năm cách đây
Anyone got a fix for this?  I get 700 new "customers" a day, all registered as some form of, "Tired of a floppy Johnson?  Click on my link for ED drugs half off!"

Now, in theory this is a simple fix.  Limit the number of characters allowed in a user's first name, last name and email address.  Sure, there will still be SPAM, but if you limit what they can write they'll move on.

Has anyone addressed this?  Seems as simple as checking the input strings, and if they're longer than, say, 20, you error out of the registration page.

Has anyone done this?
3 năm cách đây
do you have recaptcha enabled on the registration page? this makes a huge difference for us.
3 năm cách đây
Agree with JonQuick. It also sounds like your allowing any and everybody to register on your site. Review the admin settings for customer registration to limit who can register.
3 năm cách đây
I use DNSBL at my Detect History project. Works pretty fine for me. Also try to connect SBL
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.