Various order discount fields

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 năm cách đây
I'm about 95% of the way done writing a WPF/C# point of sale application to interface with nopCommerce but have a couple of questions that I'm hung up on - figured someone may have some easy answers.

OrderProductVariant

DiscountAmountExclTax - I assume that this is the amount that was discounted off of the order?
DiscountAmountInclTax - Since a discount is applied before tax, how can this possibly be calculated?  We're not discounting the tax, we're discounting the item price.  I can calculate how much tax *would* have been charged on the discount amount, but why?  It seems to add needless complexity for data that I can't see a need for.

Order

If I apply a discount to the entire order, then that affects the tax collected on any given item.  With that in mind - how should a discount be applied to the order?  Do people generally apply it evenly (5 items would get 20% of the discount amount each)?  What if the discount amount per item is more than the item price itself?

The questions actually aren't even specific to the PoS application, they're a general design question for the tax module experts here.  The store I'm writing this for is located in New York which has a lot of tax rules - I'd like to try and get this correct from the get-go.
13 năm cách đây
Anyone have any insight into this?  I'd really appreciate it as those few fields are literally the last thing to get this up and running on a basic level.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.