No way to make customers tax exempt automatically

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 năm cách đây
Currently there is no way to make customer  tax exempt in nopCommerce project.

Yes I know that can be done manually by assigning a tax exempt role to that customer but that's a manual process. If a customer is placing an order, he/she don't wanna wait for the store owner to make him/her tax exempt. This is a very long process which is not feasible at all.

In U.S there are many online stores that cannot charge tax on the products from a customer because of state contracts etc.

It is a very important feature for many store owners / ecommerce businesses and it would be great to have this feature in upcoming future versions.

The best way is to add a field on the registration page ("Is tax exempt" Yes / No) - The customer will select according his/her requirements. Eventually the order is coming to the store owner where he can find out if customer is actually tax exempt or not.

If this feature will be configurable from the admin section then it would meet the requirements of all kind of store owners.
13 năm cách đây
We're up against the same problem just now. We're trying to use Strikeiron as our tax provider for US/Canada tax, however, our shop will also be selling internationally. For some reason all international orders receive an error as they of course don't have a valid US or Canada address.

I think what you describe above could be a work-around solution for our issue, however I think it'd actually be better to be able to set a tax-exempt rule for states/countries in the admin page, rather than making it a customer option, as this way it'd be automatic based on their shipping destination.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.