Access Plugin Code from within custom Theme in Nop.Web

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 năm cách đây
Hi,

Is there an intended way to access plugin code from a custom theme? Let say there's a helper file in the plugin code that return some generell information that is used throughout all pages. The appropriate way would be to integrate the theme cshtml files into the plugin itself, but is there a way to pass over that and access the plugin code directly from theme which is located in the Nop.Web project?

Kind regards, Stephan
1 năm cách đây
Probably, there is no way. So, proceeding with putting cshtml views into the plugin itself in order to access plugin code is right.
1 năm cách đây
I don't know how you would go using the nop-Templates methods

I copy the nop-Templates View to my custom plugin and then modify to add my bits and use a Custom View Engine to load the modified version

But if you are building plugins for resale then it gets more complicated because some Views can be different across their various versions and themes so in that case you need to load the appropriate one to match the currently selected theme.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.