Error when try to open web site!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Hi,
I get error when I try to enter the online store. It came suddenly, have not made any changes except to enter a new product. Unable to enter Admin either ... Can someone help me !?

Have restarted SQL and IIS but it does not help..

Here is the error message:
We're sorry, an internal error occurred.
Our supporting staff has been notified of this error and will address the issue shortly.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please try clicking your browsers 'back' button or try reloading the home page.
If you continue to receive this message, please try again in a little while.
Thank you for your patience.

Do not know what more I can try.. 
Domain: www.letsbake.dk

Thanks!
9 years ago
please see our FAQ (question #1)
9 years ago
Hi,

What version of nopCommerce are you using?

The "We're sorry, an internal error occurred" is a generic error message.  Have you tried to take off the custom error mode to see what is really going on?  If not, go to your web.config file and change the following:

Find this line of code:  <customErrors defaultRedirect="errorpage.htm" mode="RemoteOnly">
Now replace that line with the following:    <customErrors defaultRedirect="errorpage.htm" mode="Off">

This will allow you to see what error is causing the "We're sorry, an internal error occurred" page to be displayed.

Also, what hosting company are you using?  I have had this error show up before with one host.  I think it was due to the hosting company not having enough memory to run nopCommerce properly.
9 years ago
Thanks! (I use v 2.8)
I understand unfortunately not so much of this.. Or what to do next.

When I set "off" I get the following:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error -
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>
9 years ago
Tim: I use https://www.unoeuro.com/ it has worked fine for 1 year now, but traffic has increased last month. I have been in touch with the company today and they have checked SQL etc. but can not find anything wrong .. But do not think it was a top technician at the support.  Is there any possibility for me to check if there is enough memory? Shall I ask support?
9 years ago
It looks like it did not turn the custom error page off.  Are you sure you changed the web.config in your root folder?  Also did you make sure the file is updated on the server?  Make sure to change any instance of

<customErrors defaultRedirect="errorpage.htm" mode="RemoteOnly">
to
<customErrors defaultRedirect="errorpage.htm" mode="Off">

in your web.config.

Also, try restarting the website from your hosting account.  Once you get it to display the real error you will have a better idea of what is going on.
9 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
...but can not find anything wrong .. But do not think it was a top technician at the support.  Is there any possibility for me to check if there is enough memory? Shall I ask support?

You might want to check.  

I had a problem with my hosting company where the memory was getting re-set or something due to a memory spike which was causing nopCommerce to throw an error.  When they increased the memory limit the issue seemed to disappear.   It took awhile to get to get it figured out since at the surface it seemed like everything was working... Make sure to ask them to look at the server logs at the time of the error.

However, you will first want to get the custom error message off so you can make sure it isn't something else.
9 years ago
Now! It was enabled by the use of Off instead of off. My mistake .. Thanks!

I have more space on the web hotel, so it should not be the problem I would think ..

(letsbake.dk)
Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.GenericAttribute'.'PK__GenericA__3214EC0797DF7DC5' in database 'letsbake_dk_db' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.
9 years ago
What is the size of your database?  Are you storing the pictures in your database?

You might try the method explained here: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/14644/sudden-crash.aspx

(Make sure to backup your database before you try anything.)

If that does not work you might contact your hosting company again with the detailed error to see if there is a problem on their end.
9 years ago
Thanks everyone!
It turned out that my ISP has free use of MB for MYSQL, but MSSQL I have to buy more space. So now everything works again :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.