Mobile device support on 3.6

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
I have run into issues with the mobile theme and configuration for  my store since upgrading to 3.6  The layout looks similar to when mobile device support was not selected on 3.1 which was my last setting.  I am looking under General and Misc configuration but it has changed in 3.6 and what i am looking for is no longer there

I now see the following

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/39830/1107986/Otz27g2X7cQCFXx/upload.png

I want to use motion for the desktop theme as well as mobile.  

Can someone provide me with instruction on what to do here?
8 years ago
8 years ago
You do not need to configure mobile device.
nopCommerce 3.3 or greater provide responsive theme as default. So,  nopCommerce dropped jQuery mobile version support from  3.4

See release note of 3.4

"Dropped jQuery mobile version support. We already have responsive design available out of the box (since 3.30). Maintenance of both approaches is quite complete. It can also improve performance (less IO, output caching - to be done, etc). It'll simplify development and customization (only one view change instead of two, etc). Responsive design becomes much more popular today. It's just more user-friendly."
8 years ago
If i have multiple themes how would i be able to manage which displays on mobile.

Previously i could use one theme on desktop and another on Mobile.
8 years ago
Vincent_Ghost wrote:
If i have multiple themes how would i be able to manage which displays on mobile.

Previously i could use one theme on desktop and another on Mobile.

Advantage of single responsive theme for both desktop and mobile is development simplification, specially it's very helpful for nop development team to make future changes. For any change in back end, now we do not need to worry about chaning code in two themes.
But there are some disadvantages with single theme. Current responsive theme is not 100% mobile optimize, google SEO does not like big header ( google like small jquery mobile theme header). Single theme does not allow us not to load some specific content in mobile. Media Query helps only to hide or resize specific content but does not prevent from loading.

Here is what I did for one of my application
1. I added 51Degrees lib back to detect mobile device properly using Request.Browser.IsMobileDevice
2. And using Request.Browser.IsMobileDevice variable, system prevent some specific content not to load in mobile, load different header, footer partial view for mobile.
8 years ago
HELP

Upgraded to 3.5 from 3.1 and now the Categories do not show in the Menu on the Mobile view.

I removed the Categories from the Top Menu using admin ( Include on top menu - NO) because I have lots of categories and it looks BAD on the regular site if I leave them on the Top Menu.

How do I show the categories on the mobile view if they are not listed on the Top Menu.

The Mobile Theme in 3.1 was nice, If you have the answer this will be nicer.
6 years ago
shahdat45ict wrote:

Here is what I did for one of my application
1. I added 51Degrees lib back to detect mobile device properly using Request.Browser.IsMobileDevice
2. And using Request.Browser.IsMobileDevice variable, system prevent some specific content not to load in mobile, load different header, footer partial view for mobile.

Is there any way possible to "add the 51degrees library" without altering the source code?
For example, can it be loaded in a runat server command on Application_Start in the global.asax?

Thanks!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.