GMAIL Problem

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi All,

First off, I would like to say that nopCommerce is an awesome program. I am trying to set up the email function on the server and I am encountering some problems with it. I have tried to set up my Google Apps Email (GMAIL) account to work with the server, however I experience this error message:

The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. 2sm454667agd.34

Does anybody have any suggestions, or should I just find another SMTP server to send my mail from.

Thanks a lot,
Tim
14 years ago
I don't believe you can relay with Gmail. I may be wrong but the Time factor was ticking...However, you can with Googles Postini (PAID). I believe you must whitelist your ip and she'll work. I gotten relays SMTP out to Yahoo and Google but only from "PAID" Postini.

I gave up with Gmail and went paid. You'll spend hours trying to find out.

PS. Postini is not easy to setup! Beware ...but way cheaper than Microsoft Exchange just 50 bucks for one email address.
14 years ago
Gmail uses SSL connections with TLS by default.

SmtpClient should handle this, provided you set:
theClient.EnableSsl = true
;
14 years ago
Thank you all for your help. I got it to work by messing around with my ASP.NET SMTP settings in the Management Console.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.