Adding business rules to products

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I'm looking to add a new product type one that I can add business rules too such as, dimensions and using that to modify the price.

So this product type would require the customer to add or select the dimensions before getting a final price.

Anyone give me some pointers where to look in nop before I start this task.

I am very well versed in vb.net, php and several other languages but this is the first time I have ventured into C#.
14 years ago
If you want to change the price based on the size of a product, you can achieve this with product attributes. Just set up the attributes for the different dimensions you are offering.

If this doesn't meet your requirements then you will need to implement some custom logic. Personally I would extend the attributes functionality to accept user input and perform price adjustments.

If you are well versed in the .net framework you will find it easy to switch from vb.net to C# and many of the differences are just syntactical.

Hope this helps,
Ben
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.