Product Attribute Details - Attribute Values

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
nC Team,

We're setting up a nC e-store for a racing shop. Thousands of SKUs (car brands, types, models, etc. and associated products for each) and multiple product attributes to specify things before customers purchase.

One of those attributes is list of car brands - about 40 - 45 of those. We run into usability issue when we want to associate car brand attributes filled with values to couple hundred SKUs. Using the UI you have to fill in all those car values separately for each attribute and each SKU.

A solution to this would be to add those attribute values when you're setting up attributes and just associate them with however many SKUs you need to. Is this something that can be done or is planned for in future releases?

Looking at DB structure you do have all of this segmented quite nicely in Nop_ProductAttribute, Nop_ProductVariantAttribute and Nop_ProductVariant_ProductAttribute_Mapping tables. Nop_ProductVariantAttribute and Nop_ProductVariant_ProductAttribute_Mapping would need to be redone a bit to accommodate this feature but it doesn't seem too difficult.

Right now we get around this by basically running a SQL query that, once we add our SKUs, re-enters and thus duplicates those attribute values (in this case car brands) for each SKU.

As you can imagine this "solution" will not work for our client or most other site users out there.

Thank you.
www.discovertec.com
14 years ago
Hi,

We are looking provide product template functionality. This would allow you to "Save product as template" for any product. Then when you create a new product you choose "New product from template".

This will allow you to set up all your default attributes and specifications against a product template that can be reused.

There are no timescales for this feature yet and it is still under investigation.

Thanks,
Ben
14 years ago
Hi,

Is there any progress?

Thank you,
Mark
14 years ago
Hi-

I'm still learning all the features of nopCommerce and so far I really like it.  Much thanks to the nop team for creating and sharing such a great package.

So far the only drawback related to my specific website has to do with the issue discussed in this thread.  Either of the  two solutions discussed here would work for me (ie, associating attributes to SKUs in bulk or the saved template functionality).

Now I'm wondering whether to wait for the nopCommerce team to finish the template function, create a temporary SQL fix like the thread's first poster, or just hack into the project and make a custom solution that work specificly for my client's store.

Is there any news or updates about when the template functionality will be available?  By the way, if there is someone already working on it who would like some help I'd be glad to contribute coding time.

Thanks - AD
14 years ago
hello i have just upgraded to v1.4 but am receiving the following error when i click on any of the [sample] products/categories. i will also get this error when trying to manage products in the administration view.

any suggestions?

p.s. i do not have access to the sql tables as it is not hosted locally.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Server Error in '/store' Application.

Invalid object name 'dbo.Nop_Product_SpecificationAttribute_Mapping'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'dbo.Nop_Product_SpecificationAttribute_Mapping'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'dbo.Nop_Product_SpecificationAttribute_Mapping'.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +1950890
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +4846875
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +194
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2392
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +33
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +83
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +297
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +954
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +141
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +12
   System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +10
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.DoExecuteReader(DbCommand command, CommandBehavior cmdBehavior) +210
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.ExecuteReader(DbCommand command) +244
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.DataAccess.Products.SQLProductProvider.GetAllProducts(Int32 CategoryID, Int32 ManufacturerID, Nullable`1 FeaturedProducts, Nullable`1 PriceMin, Nullable`1 PriceMax, String Keywords, Boolean SearchDescriptions, Int32 PageSize, Int32 PageIndex, List`1 FilteredSpecs, Boolean showHidden, Int32& TotalRecords) +1796
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Products.ProductManager.GetAllProducts(Int32 CategoryID, Int32 ManufacturerID, Nullable`1 FeaturedProducts, Nullable`1 PriceMin, Nullable`1 PriceMax, String Keywords, Boolean SearchDescriptions, Int32 PageSize, Int32 PageIndex, List`1 FilteredSpecs, Int32& TotalRecords) +280
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Products.ProductManager.GetAllProducts(Int32 CategoryID, Int32 ManufacturerID, Nullable`1 FeaturedProducts, Int32 PageSize, Int32 PageIndex, Int32& TotalRecords) +156
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Categories.Category.get_FeaturedProducts() +102
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Templates.Categories.ProductsInGrid.BindData() +435
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Templates.Categories.ProductsInGrid.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +80
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627
14 years ago
anybody knows?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.