About to start building a new nopCommerce site..

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hey!

Im a .NET developer and Project Manager

Project: Develop a new eCommerce site for client, including quite a lot of customizations

We have already chosen nopCommerce as our platform.

I have installed the demo-store, but its seems a bit bloated with many functions we do not need..

QUESTION: Can I start a new Visual Studio project and just add the DLL's i need? Or should i just base my site on the demo-store?
12 years ago
Just install it and remove the things you dont' need as you go.
That is what I have been doing. Just make sure to test it as you go.
I did this :

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/9880/can-the-payment-gateway-projects-in-the-payment-folder-be-deleted.aspx

and it cut the build time in Visual Studio in half.
12 years ago
Ok, great :)

So, you just removed the reference, the module / template and the ascx. / .aspx-files from the solution after you installed and configured the demo-shop?
12 years ago
mortenaa wrote:
Hey!

Im a .NET developer and Project Manager

Project: Develop a new eCommerce site for client, including quite a lot of customizations

We have already chosen nopCommerce as our platform.

I have installed the demo-store, but its seems a bit bloated with many functions we do not need..

QUESTION: Can I start a new Visual Studio project and just add the DLL's i need? Or should i just base my site on the demo-store?

You can delete them, but this is what I like to do.

Change the build configuration for the entire project to "Release". The publish your site to a temporary folder. Copy all the published .dll's to a new directory, maybe under "Dependencies/Compiled/". Then delete or unload all the payment/shipping/tax providers. Then add the compiled references to NopCommerceStore.

The increases VS performance and reduces build time.
12 years ago
good idea . . .

What else can I safely removed besides the Payment gateways?

Are there shipping or tax providers that can be removed?
I looked at them, but I'm not sure which ones I need and don't need.  Thanks
12 years ago
MikeMCSD wrote:
good idea . . .

What else can I safely removed besides the Payment gateways?

Are there shipping or tax providers that can be removed?
I looked at them, but I'm not sure which ones I need and don't need.  Thanks

You are going to need one of each type of provider. Payment, tax and shipping.

Figure out which ones you need, then delete the rest. After deleting the projects, you may get some build errors in NopCommerceStore. Just delete w/e files contain the build errors, as they are surely provider specific and don't relate towards nopcommerce's UI.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.