Adding Entities question

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
First let me say that I am brand-spanking new to Entity Framework so please pardon my ignorance here.

Everything I have read about EF is that it is very easy to add entities to an existing database and then update the model within visual studio.  I have tried this in demo applications and it works quite well.

In nopCommerce, things seem to be structured a bit differently.  Entities are not defined in the code file for the model (edmx) they are separated out into different directories.  Also, updating the model from the database doesn't generate the entity class definitions, therefore one must add these classes manually.  Am I missing something here? If this is by design, my next question is now did you get EF to NOT generate the entities?

Thanks for any insight you can offer here. I'm having to make quite a few changes to nopCommerce and just want to make sure I follow the nopCommerce conventions.

---- xavier
12 years ago
Ben's article linked from this thread is a good starter

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/6370/how-to-extending-nopcommerce.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.