Moving from latest version to 1.0.6

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I've built a new store for a client and uploaded it to their 1&1 hosting package only to find that 1&1 don't support or have .net 4 !!!

The client has various sites with 1&1 so say they want the site there and will not swap hosts.

I'm stuck here! Only thing I can see is to port the store back to use nopCommerce 1.0.6 which I believe can be built against .net 3.5?

Not used 1.0.6 before, this is the first time I've used nopCommerce so it's built against the latest version - if anyone knows the versions, how much hassle do you think it'd be to re-do the store in an earlier version and going back to 1.0.6 will I lose any major features or mess up the custom version of the default template that I've produced?

Can't believe 1&1 do not support 4 at all! My usual host has had it for 12 months.

Thanks.
12 years ago
Find a new hosting provider.
12 years ago
theonlylawislove wrote:
Find a new hosting provider.

Unfortunately can't as stated in my post, the client are adamant that the site goes on their current hosting package due to the administrative hoops to jump through for them to work with a different provider.
12 years ago
If you jump to an old version, I wouldn't expect to get any support here. I don't even know what features are in 1.0.6
12 years ago
theonlylawislove wrote:
If you jump to an old version, I wouldn't expect to get any support here. I don't even know what features are in 1.0.6

I would assume that quite a few people are using 1.0.6 due to .NET 4 not being universally adopted yet (which i dont agree with but that seems to be the state of things), the standard is still generally 3.5 at this point in time.

As for "I wouldn't expect to get any support here" - are you saying only the latest build No is supported? Looking at the release history, 1.0.6 wasn't that long ago, i'd assume there are people on here with an experience of it and thats what i was after.

Not being funny but your replies are pretty useless, please dont post unless you have something constructive to say.
12 years ago
hi durb,

first, i'd suggest you tell you clients that 1&1 are over a year behind with their technology, which makes them practically prehistoric in IT terms and see if you can't persuade them to go with a better provider - i'm surprised that 'administration' would stop them going with an alternative provider - personally, I choose my clients hosting company (it would be a nightmare for me to have to figure out the hows and whys of multiple hosting providers) and my clients only have to deal with me as opposed to multiple companies.

anyway - if they are foolish then yes, by all means go with 1.6 but you will not be able to offer many of the features and of course bug fixes that have come since that version

also, as alluded to ealier it will be difficult to get specific support for 1.6 because most of the forum users will have upgraded to more recent versions already and to be honest it's really hard to remember the features of earlier versions so you may find yourself asking a question and getting answers that actually only apply to more recent versions ...

to counter that, more general questions will apply to 1.6 + onwards
12 years ago
Thanks Haydie, had a play with 1.0.6 and found it would be a bit of work to move it back, not a straightforward migration.

Problem is they've got an in-house IT guy who is telling them the 1&1 hosting is fine and its my store that is at fault so have simply uploaded the store to one of my dedicated boxes that is running .NET 4, sent them a link to prove all works when the hosting environment is ok and said its move hosting or wait potentially months for 1&1 to upgrade the shared hosting.

Love the way all my posts have been marked down by the guy I replied to :)

As I said, was not trying to be shirty but simply found his replies frustrating as he hadn't read my original post.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.