How to ENABLE shipping address?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
When I do a test checkout transaction -
Stage 1 - cart
I click checkout and its skips "select shipping address" and goes directly to "Select billing address"
I selct billing address and then it skips "shipping" and goes to "payment"

I dont believe I have edited any of the relative .asp pages and cannot find anywhere in the admin panel where these options can be enabled.

This I believe is the reason why my sagepay transactions are failing.

Shipping address has been addded in users "my account" but this does not follow through to checkout.

Please can someone tell me where the options/pages are to enable/fix shipping address infrmation so it can be entered by the customer checking out.
12 years ago
hi,

is it possible you have unticked

Shipping enabled

on the actual product info page - or that the test producty is marked as a downloadable product

other possibilty, maybe you have not set up shipping yet ?
12 years ago
Thanks for the help haydie,

yes I believe the products have some how been set to downloadable.

I turned on "Estimate shipping" and when I go to cart checkout I get "Shipping: Not required".

I assume this is because they have been set as digital download as I havent found an option to disable shipping.

Shipping settings, rate and method have been set.

I can't find the option to correct this anywhere. So could your expertise point me in the right direction?

Thanks
12 years ago
Does shipping have to be enabled on individual items?
If so where is the options located?
12 years ago
DTK wrote:
Does shipping have to be enabled on individual items?
If so where is the options located?

You define individual items as downloadable and shipping enabled in the Product Variant Info tab while editing a variant
admin>catalog>manage products> Add New Product or Edit its Variant> product variant info tab  and there you have them:

ID:  68  
Product variant name:    
Description:  
Product SKU:    
Image:  
Admin comment:    
Manufacturer part number:    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Price:     [USD]  
Old price     [USD]  
Product cost:     [USD]  
Disable buy button:    
Call for price:    
Customer enters price:    
Minimum amount:     [USD]  
Maximum amount:     [USD]  
Available start date:    
Available end date:    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is Gift Card:    
Gift card type:   Virtual Physical  
Downloadable product:   
Use download URL:    
Download URL:    
Download file:  Download
Unlimited downloads:    
Max. downloads:      
Number of days:    
Download activation type:   When Order Is Paid Manually  
Has user agreement :    
User agreement text :  
Has sample download file:    
Use download URL:    
Download URL:    
Sample download file:  Download
Recurring product:    
Cycle length:      
Cycle period:   Days Weeks Months Years  
Total cycles:      
  Shipping enabled:   
Free shipping:    
Additional shipping charge:     [USD]  
Weight:     [lb(s)]  
Length:     [inch(es)]  
Width:     [inch(es)]  
Height:     [inch(es)]  
Tax exempt:    

Check example in: http://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/administration/ProductVariantDetails.aspx?ProductVariantID=68
12 years ago
great answer thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.